PDA

View Full Version : Will I be able to ride Toy Story Mania?

Daisy712
03-31-2009, 09:13 AM
Hey folks,

My cousin just sent me a picture of the mad rush to Toy Story Mania this morning. Wall-to-wall people. I do not want to be in this mess. When is the best down time during the day to have a chance to ride Toy Story Mania? Does the line ever go down during Fantasmic showings? We will be at WDW from June 13 - June 20.

Thanks for your help. :wave:

disneymom15
03-31-2009, 09:49 AM
Get there early, grab a fast pass and then get in the stand by line. When we got there, the stand by wait time said 50 minutes, it only took 15 minutes.

vicster
03-31-2009, 10:14 AM
Definitely get a fast pass as soon as you get in the park.

DANAM
03-31-2009, 10:19 AM
Agreed get the fast past. We were there for the soft openning and the wait was posted at over an hour. We probally waited for a good 45 min but it was worth it. The line moves good and there are plenty of things for kids and adults to look at. There wasn't FP available yet so i'm not sure if that slows up the line any.

brer frog
03-31-2009, 10:29 AM
pardon me.... but what / where is Toy story mania?

tia

DANAM
03-31-2009, 10:34 AM
IN DHS on Pixar Place. It's between One man's dream and Backlot and behind The great movie ride. There's a breif description on the bottom of this page.

http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/disneystudios/default.asp

It's a very fun ride great for kids and adults.

brer frog
03-31-2009, 10:40 AM
thanks for the quick response. I'll be sure to get to it this trip.

thrillme
03-31-2009, 10:51 AM
When the park first opened we went straight to the kiosks and got our FP's and we were fine.

I think it's a great ride but it seems like it can get a little out of hand from what I've been reading. I'm wondering when the "fever" for this ride is going to settle down. We personally didn't have any problem. I would recommend ONE member of the family stand in line at the Kiosk with everybody's tickets while others wait back aways. There's no reason for every member in your party to wait in line it just causes more congestion.

#1donaldfan
03-31-2009, 12:36 PM
....at rope drop, just start heading that direction...once there grab a FP, it'll take a few minutes to get them as the line will be sorta long, then go on in and ride standby.....it may take you 15 minutes or so for standby, then just vistit the rest of the park and come back later in the day to ride with your FP....keep in mind FP's are good after the indicated times.....:mickey:

Disney Doll
03-31-2009, 01:06 PM
You really do need to get a FP early in the day if you want to ride. I'm sure crowds have picked up since I was there in January, but in January at least it wasn't necessary to make the mad dash at rope drop. Fastpasses were available for most of the morning, but the longer you wait the later your FP return time. It does get congested in that area so I would recommend designating one person in your party to go get the FP that way the rest of your group can hang back and not add to the congestion. Last time we sent DH ahead while the rest of us checked out some of the shops.

MickeyMousse
03-31-2009, 01:18 PM
Get there early, walk there fast (please, don't run!) and just get on line. It will probably be the shortest line you will ever see all day long.

FP run out super quick.

We spent a week in the world and only got to ride Mania once, after a 45 minute wait-which was short in comparison to the other wait times we saw throughout our trip.

betteratmk
03-31-2009, 01:32 PM
Get there early, grab a fast pass and then get in the stand by line. When we got there, the stand by wait time said 50 minutes, it only took 15 minutes.

:number1:us too, the sign said 90 min. and we waited 22!! I timed it!

Daisy712
03-31-2009, 01:37 PM
My cousin said they went for the fastpass at 9:15 and the standby time was 1 hour. She said it only took 30 minutes. I will definitely get the fastpass and see what standby is like Thanks everyone for your help.:rocks: