PDA

View Full Version : AK and late EMH, is it worth it???

tinkerddeedee
03-31-2009, 06:58 AM
I know that AK doesn't stay open as late as the other parks. I've read that on their late night EMH they are open until 8.
1-does everyone take advantage of this and thus make the park unbearable?
2- is it worth it to stay there this late, are there fun things to do and see? do the animals go "in" for the night by then?
3-are all the "big" attractions still open?

Tell me what you think:simba:

Strmchsr
03-31-2009, 08:21 AM
It's been my experience that AK EMH isn't as crowded as the other parks, but there's also not a ton of stuff to do. The animal attractions are all closed.

Goofeygal
03-31-2009, 08:22 AM
True but the park looks amazing at nite.

DANAM
03-31-2009, 10:24 AM
We've done Ak all day on EMH evenings and really I feel like the park is overcrowded during the day but empty at night. We have also done this park when it rainned all day and it's the perfect park to go to if this happens. Nothing really closes. I would suggest just going in the evening for EMH or if you go in the morning and it's packed head back later because it usually clears out after the parade.

IloveDisney71
03-31-2009, 10:26 AM
I LOVE the AK at night during EMH's. The park atmosphere is fabulous!!! It looks so different at night. I also LOVE to ride EE at night - it changes the "feel and look" of the ride.

brer frog
03-31-2009, 10:28 AM
I really enjoy seeing epcot from EE at night, it's real magical

tinkerddeedee
03-31-2009, 11:03 AM
True but the park looks amazing at nite.

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking! I LOVE:cloud9: being outside at dusk and at night, especially when it's warm outside. And I think it wouldbe so neat to be surrounded by all of the "animal" atmosphere at night!
Thanks for the info!:camp::paw::moon:

Mousemates
03-31-2009, 11:19 AM
I LOVE the AK at night during EMH's. The park atmosphere is fabulous!!! It looks so different at night. I also LOVE to ride EE at night - it changes the "feel and look" of the ride.

I agree completely....EE is super fun at night...and the brief view of the lights and the overall area you get at the higher elevations of the ride are tremendous.

tinkerddeedee
03-31-2009, 11:30 AM
ok guys, but I'm afraid of roller coasters. isn't EE a scary ride?????:sick::ack:

ojeilatan
03-31-2009, 02:54 PM
For our June 1-6 trip, we've scheduled to go that Monday to AK and stay for EMH. Even if they are open until 8, will the sun be down in Florida by then? RIding EE at night sounds fantastic! :D

TinaAndGlenn
03-31-2009, 04:50 PM
We went to EMH at night last January on a cold night (COLD by Florida standards!). I have an incredible picture of a huge tree filled with huge white birds trying to stay warm. This park is beautiful at night. There were times we felt like we were the only ones there.
But what really made it unforgettable was EE at night in the dark. Do not miss it!

joelkfla
03-31-2009, 07:57 PM
Those are egrets & herons, and they roost there every night, warm or cold.

I love watching them come home to roost. They are so large that when they land, the branch drops a foot or so, and often dislodges a few other birds from their roosts!

The tree is next to the bridge into Camp Minnie-Mickey. The birds are usually coming in just after the last FOTLK show.

To the OP:

The Safari and the 2 animal trails are closed during EMH, so come earlier if you want to see the animals. Rafiki's Planet Watch area usually closes at 5.

The other major attractions are open: Everest, Dinosaur, ITTBAB, and (during warmer times of the year) Kali River Rapids. There's also a performance of FOTLK, but you'll have to catch Nemo and Flights of Wonder earlier in the day. FOW usually has it's last performance around 3 p.m., and Nemo's times vary with park closing (last show usually 1-2 hours before closing.)

And, as has been said, the park is beautiful to wander through at night. IMHO, it has some of the best-themed and most creative lighting anywhere on property.

EMH is 3 hours past closing, so it's not always ending at 8 p.m. Five p.m. is the usual slow and moderate season park closing, but it can be as late as 8 p.m. during busier times, which extends EMH out as late as 11 p.m.

JPL
03-31-2009, 08:57 PM
The best attraction hands down is Everest at Night it really can't be beat :thumbsup: Last June I rode it like 9 times in a row with little or no wait and I was even waiting for the front car

cgriff
03-31-2009, 11:00 PM
Kali is also a lot fun at night. You can usually blow right through the queue, the fires seem more spectacular against the night sky, and you can't really see the water coming at you until suddenly <splash!>

Dsnygirl
03-31-2009, 11:10 PM
The best attraction hands down is Everest at Night it really can't be beat :thumbsup: Last June I rode it like 9 times in a row with little or no wait and I was even waiting for the front car
Wow, you must have an iron stomach... I love EE, but tried it two times in a row and that was a bit much for me. :sick:

Glad to hear it's so cool to be at AK at night... we'll be there for EMH in October, hopefully it'll be at least dusky by 8pm!!

#1donaldfan
04-01-2009, 12:10 PM
....EE and KRR are the best at night....actually, we rode KRR in August as many times as we wanted to, the ride was virtually empty....we got SOAKED...but who cares, it was great fun !!!!:mickey:

Luv Eeyore
04-02-2009, 11:38 AM
I'm glad to hear such great reviews of AK's nighttime EMH. We're going to make use of the night EMH there for the first time next week. I can't wait!

Imagineer1981
04-02-2009, 11:47 AM
as everyone has said, the rides at night are so amazing, and the atmosphere is great. It makes you wish the park would expand more to be open later

joonyer
04-02-2009, 12:00 PM
I love all the parks more after dark, and I would say AK is worth the EMH even if I didn't do any attractions. I just love the special lighting and the atmosphere it creates. All of the parks are more magical after dark, including AK. The dark sky combined with the special effects lighting makes it feel even more like I am in another "world" when I am in a Disney Park after dark.

wire0monkey
04-02-2009, 03:16 PM
I avoid EMH in general, but I make an exception for evening EMH at AK.

They really are a good time to ride the rides with short lines.

dumbo ears
04-02-2009, 05:45 PM
I have never experienced evening EMH at the AK yet but Ive heard they are pretty good. Supposedly the park just looks cooler and a little spooky at night. Also EE is said to be amazing at night.

Aggie97
04-02-2009, 08:30 PM
We love evening EMH at AK! We always have been able to ride Everest repeatedly with little to no wait. Ask to sit in the very first car on Everest -- the view of the WDW resort when you get to "end" of the track is just gorgeous! :mickey: