PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk

trudisneygal
03-30-2009, 10:17 PM
My sister and I just booked a last minute trip for next week during spring break at the Boardwalk. We've never stayed there, but I am told we can basically walk to EPCOT. For those of you who have stayed there, what do you like about it? Any dislikes? Just curious.

DreamFinder2
03-30-2009, 10:23 PM
Although I haven't stayed at BW, my DW and I really like the Epcot resort area! Whenever we're in world showcase, we always wander back to the BC/YC/BW area. It's really relaxing to stand by the lake, and the proximity of Epcot is a HUGE plus! You've also got some restaurant choices that are fabulous, and the nightlife at Jellyrolls should be fun!

Have a great time, and let all of us know what you think when you return :D

Johnno52
03-30-2009, 10:26 PM
Boardwalk is the ideal resort for Epcot and DHS. They are both within walking distance or take a boat. Illuminations to see as it is great and only a 5-8 minute walk back. Atmosphere around the Epcot resorts is one of the best which also includes entertainment on the Boardwalk. Lots of restaurants however, there is no CS like other resorts other than the Bakery (make sure you try a Sticky Bun). :thumbsup::thumbsup:

LisaMarie
03-31-2009, 12:52 AM
My sister and I have stayed at the Boardwalk twice. The last trip was a few months ago in January. Proximity to Epcot for the dining options is a real draw. Plus the rooms are large and have been very recently renovated. The bedding is very luxurious. Ask for a room with a full balcony and an Epcot view, if possible. We had a view of the Eiffel Tower and could watch Illuminations every night from our balcony if we didn't choose to stay in the park. Since we went when it was pretty quiet and there was a cold snap, there wasn't a lot of activity on the Boardwalk. The entertainers would perform in the lobby or in the restaurants. I can see how much fun it could be when it is warm at night. The restaurants got fairly crowded from convention goers staying at Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin, etc. Make sure you make reservations in advance.

playdead88
03-31-2009, 06:19 AM
we loved the boardwalk so much the first year we stayed there again - the walk to epcot is only about 5 minutes -have a great time

JMTStone
03-31-2009, 07:30 AM
We also love the BW. We stayed there in June 08 for a week in a 1 bedroom villa and just loved walking to Epcot. You're just feet away from the boardwalk. Don't miss the bakery. DH loved ESPN Zone. The little one (DD7) loved the magic shows at night.

We're staying there again in September.

CanadianWDWFan
03-31-2009, 07:52 AM
We loved BWI so much we bought into DVC at BWV! We loved being a short walk from Epcot. The walks were like 5 minutes to Epcot and 10-15 to the Studios. Sorry I just can't call it DHS just yet! :D

We found the Inn side to be nice and quiet. The quiet pool was just that, quiet. There were never more than 6 people in there and this included the 4 of us. Luna pool on the other hand was always busy, but it was a lot of fun.

Food selection on the Boardwalk is pretty good as well. There might not be any CS places but you can grap a pizza at Spoodle's or a burger at ESPN. If you want to you can also walk over to the Beach Club and have diner at the Clam Bake. But if you want to try something different, you could always walk into Epcot and head around the world for a bite to eat.

You can take a boat to either park as well. We never took the boat and we would ALWAYS beat it to either the parks or the resort.

IMHO, this is the best place to be, close to two parks and TONS of food choices withing walking distance.

trudisneygal
03-31-2009, 10:58 AM
It sounds like a fun place to stay! We are very excited to be so close to Epcot, and we're going to have breakfast at Cape May one morning at BC. We will definitely try to grab something at the bakery one morning as well! Thanks for all the input!