PDA

View Full Version : Stroller Rental Advise?

MissionDisney
03-30-2009, 01:47 PM
:confused: My wife and I are debating on buying another Stroller to accommodate my 5 year old while going through the Parks at WDW. We have two other children 3yrs and 2yrs.
For a one week stay, it will cost us $162 to rent a stroller for him. Is it Worth it, or should we just buy our Own? Any advise is helpful..

Thanks..

Imagineer1981
03-30-2009, 02:17 PM
I would say let him walk, and rent a double stoller for the other 2. If he gets tired, you can always do some rotating with the 3 year old and its easier to carry the 2 years old for a bit if you must. Otherwise you also have to negotiate 2 strollers and it could be tough time

Strmchsr
03-30-2009, 02:47 PM
I don't think the stroller rentals are worth it at all. You could buy a really nice one for that price. As suggested above, rotating the kids can work, but it depends on how much you want to let the 3 & 2 yr old walk and how easily the 5 yr old gets tired. If nothing else I would suggest buying a little umbrella stroller (less than $30) for the 5 yr old. It'd save you a lot of money and they're usually light and compact.

DANAM
03-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Buy one. Disney has really inflated the prices of the strollers. We got one for about 30 to 50 bucks from kmart. It wasn't an umbrella style it was a normal stroller. It held up very good and folded compact. I can't remember exactly how much it was and I shopped around for them everywhere because I didn't want to be hunched over the umbrella style all week. We didn't want to spend that much either because we have a double that he can ride in but it's so wide I hate using it in Disney.
You could always switch around with the stroller you have but for 40 bucks or so save yourself the headache.

Dulcee
03-30-2009, 07:16 PM
We always used umbrella strollers, especially at that age when they tend to want to be out as much as they are in the stroller.

wolfhog
03-30-2009, 10:54 PM
From my experience buying a stroller (cheaply if possible) would be well worth it. The amount of walking can really fatigue a child - and we know how much fun that can be. Have a great trip!

Disney Doll
03-31-2009, 07:27 AM
You could easily buy a stroller for less than
$162 so no it's not worth it to rent.

LovinWDW
03-31-2009, 03:06 PM
Buy one for your 5 year old. Renting is too much trouble IMO. You have to wait in line to get a rental, they're too big and bulky and cost too $$$$. Making your 5 year old walk the entire trip will make for a very tired and miserable little one. I'm speaking from experience. Last summer we tried to make our then 5 year old walk. She was fine during the day but when we returned to the parks at night she was exausted from walking all day. The other problem with renting is you wont have a stroller at your resort, DTD, the airport etc. Good Luck!

Nini5055
03-31-2009, 03:35 PM
LOL...I actually like to rent...call me CRAZY!!! My dd7 still uses a stroller, so I rent a double stroller and it gives her a chance to relax and escape the sun and crowds.:thumbsup:

I don't think the WDW strollers are too large and they have a storage area/pocket. I usually do a length of stay rental which eliminates waiting in lines. Last year the lines were one or two people ahead of me...not a long wait at all. The WDW strollers are more rugged and you cannot take them back to the resort. We stayed at POP and never carried a stroller back and forth.

I am sure you will decide what is best for your family! Have a wonderful trip.:mickey:

Raye3201
03-31-2009, 08:36 PM
While we rented a double stroller which had tons of rooms and allowed for naps etc during the day, it was inconvenient to say the least to NOT have a stroller when taking the buses back to our resort. If you rent you have to turn it in at the gate and with a sleep little one it can be a long walk to the bus stop and an even longer walk from the bus to your room at the resort.
One time we inadvertently got off at the Yacht Club instead of the Beach Club and we had to carry 2 sleeping children what seemed an eternity!
I'd definitely recommend bringing your own.