PDA

View Full Version : feeding a 2 yr old

mludman
03-30-2009, 01:09 PM
if you are on the dining plan how do most people feed thier 2 year olds. pay out of pocket? we also have a 4 yr old. do we share meal credits between them?

wdwnutz
03-30-2009, 01:40 PM
We have a 2 year old too. We did alot of character buffets for dinner and he was free. For breakfast we just shared whatever we had or got him a cup of yogurt and piece of fruit at out resort food court. And for lunch we just shared our meals with him (portions are pretty large at alot of places) or payed out of pocket if we were having something he didn't like. We also packed his favorite snacks in our carry ons and suitcases.

onjbj
03-30-2009, 01:41 PM
Your 2 yr old can eat off of your plates with no charge. You get plenty of food to share no matter where you eat, so it shouldn't be a problem. If you are paying for your 4 yr old, then he/she is on the meal plan. Your 2 yr old could share with the 4 yr old or the 2yr old can eat off your plates. This is esp easy to do at the buffets where you can just take whatever your 2yr old will like from the buffet line and add it to your plate.

murphy1
03-30-2009, 02:54 PM
They won't charge for anything until 3 yo and even then they are pretty good about sharing. Start saving b/c when they hit a few years older, it gets expensive!

magicofdisney
03-30-2009, 04:21 PM
If it's a non buffet meal, they will charge you for the drinks you order the 2yo. At least that was our experience when my little one was that age. This is just an FYI for planning. :mickey:

DANAM
03-30-2009, 06:40 PM
We had this problem on our first vist. I really wish Disney would allow you to buy a dining plan for a 1 or 2 year old. As long as you go to buffets your good but I found it difficult to have our then almost 2 and 4 year old share a CS meal. TS are no problem. Even if they do share you have to pack or buy a drink for the other one. It just causes more problems then it's worth. They both have to have the mickey plate. They both want the grapes. I don't want him to have my chicken nuggets. When kids are hungry and tired, sharing food if something I never want to go threw again. Our next trip was for free dining so I told them he was 3 so I could get the plan. Figured we were saving anyway and bought no expire for the tickets.

I suggest packing additional drinks and snacks that are the same and put aside the disney one's for a later time when you can seperate them equally. Or see if they will give you an additional Mickey plate. The Mickey plate was our biggest problem. Most places wouldn't so we keep one and carried it with us all over the park.

Sorry to go on and on but I just feel like I have to save just one person from the disaster I delt with.

Pirate Granny
03-30-2009, 10:57 PM
The Mickey plates were such a hit with the grandchildren that we purchased ten of them the day we left FQ...They did charge me 75 cents each.
:pirate:

disneyers
03-30-2009, 11:49 PM
Like the others, we usually just let DD eat off of our and DS's plate.

We also use our snack credits to purchase milk/ juice to put in the sippy cup for DD's beverage at lunch/ dinner. We might also use the credits to buy an extra fruit bowl, etc. to supplement the food she eats off our plates.

princessesmom
03-31-2009, 08:36 AM
My experience has been that the CS meals are quite large, so with 2 adult meals and 1 child meal there should be plenty to go around. With the TS the 2 year old is free at buffets and family style meals, this should include a drink. The only issue will be at TS where you have to order off the menu. Again, I think there will be plenty of food, but you will need a drink. If there isn't plenty of food you'll have to pay oop for the 2 year old.