PDA

View Full Version : ??'s about Keys to the Kingdom tour

TwinniesNMeLoveWDW
03-30-2009, 12:55 PM
This year we're taking a slightly longer trip to WDW than usual, so I'm planning on doing a few things that previously we haven't had the opportunity to do. One of my daughters loves dolphins so I initially thought about doing the Dolphins in Depth tour, however I have twins so I wouldn't be able to do it for just one, and since they are 16, there needs to be a paying adult with them. That's around $450, and just too much for us right now. I'm thinking about getting the Disney Visa but even with the 20% discount it's too much $$. (Maybe a high school graduation present!)

So, I thought the Keys to the Kingdom tour would be a good idea for us, and something my mother might be able to do with us. The problem is that while my mom usually gets around pretty well, she has bad knees and has to go a little slower and needs frequent stops/breaks. She's not used to this much walking and when she went with us a few years ago, we rented a wheelchair one day when it got too much for her. When it's just us we can go as fast or as slow as we want, but I'm not sure how this would work on a tour. We could do the dolphins without her, but we couldn't do this tour without her; she'd be so disappointed!

My questions are:

1. Anyone used a wheelchair on this tour, or has been on this tour when someone else was in a wheelchair? Did that have an impact on the flow?

2. How soon can you book the tour? Is it 90 days out like ADRs or is there a different time frame?

Any input on this would be appreciated! I'm also thinking about the Behind the Seeds tour, but since this is only 1 hr we shouldn't have a problem. Thanks!

LoriSan
03-30-2009, 01:53 PM
I did the KTTK tour in Nov, and there was someone in a wheelchair. I wouldn't say that it impacted the flow of the tour, but I did feel bad for him becuase when the group would stop and look at something, he always wound up in the back of the group, and probably could not see.