PDA

View Full Version : crystal palace

motherof4
03-30-2009, 11:11 AM
I was thinking of going to breakfast at crystal palace the last time I was there was 2001 has it changed at all if I remember right it has winnie the pooh and friends my children are older now they are 17,15,13,and 11 do you think they would find it a little babyish ?

DisneyFr33k
03-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Depends on your kids. Some teenagers LOVE the characters and I've seen them get in line for autographs and pictures. Other teens would rather die than have a character approach them. You know your kids best. What do they think?

VWL Mom
03-30-2009, 01:02 PM
My boys are 17 & 13 and I never even considered character breakfasts now that they are older. The other day I mentioned I was going to make an ADR for Crystal Palace for myself and they both jumped on the bandwagon. I was totally shocked (by definitely pleased).

joonyer
03-30-2009, 01:47 PM
All depends on your kids. We still go to CP because DW loves Pooh & all his friends, even though my DS's are 16 & 13 now (they still think Tigger is kinda cool). DW's favorite characters.

cmsizzlin
03-30-2009, 02:08 PM
I agree I think it depends on the kids.

DANAM
03-30-2009, 06:53 PM
Then I was a senior in high school this was my families can't miss. We were 17,14,11 and 5. My mom would make us do all the character meals because of our little sister and she said that her and our dad always had to sit threw them with us, so we have to do it for her. We always liked this one and 1900 Park Fare at the Floridian.

spoiledraf
03-30-2009, 10:22 PM
The heck with the kids. I go to enjoy them myself. :thumbsup:

kakn7294
03-30-2009, 11:08 PM
I agree with the others - it depends on your kids. It's where my DD picked for her 14th birthday celebration, specifically because Pooh and his friends were there. She, her 9 yo sister, and 14 yo cousin loved it but the 16 yo cousin wouldn't go.

Dragongirlx
03-31-2009, 04:02 AM
I am 32 and I want to go there this year. Even when I was a teenager I still loved these characters - especially tigger

tmosier
03-31-2009, 03:38 PM
In 2007 we took our then almost 14 yr. old and our 12 1/2 yr. old daughters. The younger daughter went along with it but our older daughter absolutely did not want to go because she thought she'd feel like a little kid, or at least be treated like one. The wait staff did not make either one of our daughters feel like a little kid. It took awhile, but our oldest semi-came around and tried to make the best of it because she knew being there with Pooh made me remember what it was like when my girls were little and LOVED Pooh Bear. :cloud9: Funny thing was she didn't mind Chef Mickey's one bit. We're going to Crystal Palace again this November/Dec, so I'll let you know if she's actually looking forward to it this time!

NJGIRL
03-31-2009, 04:03 PM
Crystal Palace is our favorite breakfast buffet in Disney. Our kids just ignore the characters because they are past that stage. Usually me and my husband pose with them.

Charlee
04-01-2009, 09:22 AM
The Crystal Palace is our families favorite breakfast spot and even this year when its a girly grown up trip to celebrate graduation from uni and our 21st we have ressies for the Crystal Palace the first morning in the Magic Kingdom.
The food is good, I love the restraunt and the setting and plus you're eating in the Magic Kingdom! To me the characters are a bonus!

diz_girl
04-01-2009, 09:49 AM
I love the CP buffet and I love Pooh and friends too. We've eaten breakfast there for our past three trips and on only one of those trips did we have anyone under the age of 35 at our table. So go for it.

CP has a great breakfast buffet. Even if your kids don't think that the characters are cool, you can still get pictures. I tried some mickey waffles or french toast or something (from the kids buffet) and it was tasty. I'm a breakfast person and I never miss a visit to CP on my trips.

One added benefit of CP, if your reservation is for a time before the park opens, you get a great photo opportunity in front of the castle with no one else around. Usually, there is a Photopass photographer there to take your picture. They can give you a photopass card if you don't already have one and they'll very nicely take a picture with your camera too.

FenwayGirl
04-02-2009, 03:12 PM
We are booked there in May and we have no children traveling with us:secret:

jarajam
04-02-2009, 08:02 PM
We have 4 kids(all girls) ages 17,14,5 and 2. This is the family favorite! This time around my oldest is going to be with her softball team at a tournament at Disney and will only be able to eat 1 meal with us.She begged for it to be breakfast at the CP...she LOVES it!

beksy
04-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Last trip (and the first trip we ate at any TS restaurant other than 1 per trip in World Showcase because Dad said they were too expensive) we were making up for lost time! My sister was 19 and I was 25 and we ate at Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill, CRT, and Crystal Palace! We posed with all the characters and had a great time, so much so I don't remember much about the food at CP (they're my favorites!). We also had an autograph book and posed with characters whenever we saw them. I don't think it's age as much as attitude. On our upcoming trip we're doing even more character meals! :pooh::eeyore::piglet::roo::mickey2::minnie2:

thrillme
04-02-2009, 10:07 PM
My youngest was almost 13 and my oldest was 42 the last time we went to Crystal Palace and a breakfast at Tusker (Safari Breakfast). The boys LOVED it! We ALL took pictures. And my youngest's friends were JEALOUS that he got to go and they didn't.

It all depends on your teens. If they've done it a million times before...they probably just won't be as interested. If they've never done it or haven't done it much...they may LOVE it. Alas they're teens so it may depend on which way the wind blows. I think if they're teen boys...if there's food...they'll be good to go. When my 13 year old's friends come over...my fridge gets cleaned.

epceddie
04-03-2009, 03:11 PM
We love going to the CP breakfast buffet, because it gets us into the MK early. We had 8:05 reservations in January and after we were finished, we had Main Street U.S.A. all to ourselves for about 10 minutes. There were literally NO people in the park and we got some very cool pictures of an empty Main Street looking back to the railroad station and ahead to the castle. There was nobody around and I had the photos I took enlarged. They're framed and hang right above my computer in our office at home.
Try to get an early reservation. If you time it right, you'll feel like you're the only ones in the park.

castlelady36
04-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Uh oh!! I must be a baby then..LOL as I love seeing Pooh and his friends. I agree with the others though. You know your kids best and even if they don't like seeing the characters they might really like the food/deserts enough to enjoy it!!

dumbo ears
04-03-2009, 04:36 PM
I haven't done the breakfast there but ive done the lunch. I don't know how alike they are but I bet they both have the same winnie the pooh characters. I am 17 boy and I loved the characters. They aren't really for me but if was funny watching the other little kids react to them. I think your children will like them

dmosher
04-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Tough call with Teenagers, though DW and I are in our mid 30's and we still love going there, so... I say try it and see what happens. Maybe mid day so the "magic" is still there and they have not reached the "I'm bored with this kiddy stuff" stage yet.
:pipes:
D