PDA

View Full Version : APs

Suz36
03-30-2009, 11:08 AM
How do I go about purchasing APs? We don't go to WDW until October, can I wait until the last minute? They aren't actually activated until I get to the park, right? But if I purchased them ahead of time, would I have access to the website? Thanks for helping me clear this up.

sassafras
03-30-2009, 11:49 AM
You can purchase APs thru Disney's website. Personally, I go thru DVC since we're members. Anyway, when I ordered ours, we paid by credit card and were given a verification number. We take that number to Guest Relations at the front of any of the parks and produce ID and will be given our passes at that time. They are activated at that time. Previously, they had sent me a voucher for the passes to take to Guest Relations. Since our visit isn't until May this year, no, I cannot get into the AP holders website until it's activated.

MarkC
03-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Not sure about website access, but you are correct that they are not activated until you go to the parks. That is when your 1 year use starts.

Suz36
03-30-2009, 12:01 PM
Do you need ID for kids 9 and 6?

Diz-Knee
03-30-2009, 12:33 PM
How do I go about purchasing APs? We don't go to WDW until October, can I wait until the last minute? They aren't actually activated until I get to the park, right? But if I purchased them ahead of time, would I have access to the website? Thanks for helping me clear this up.

Since you won't be going until October, you might want to consider purchasing them ahead of time since they won't be activated until you arrive, and likely the rates will increase in August which is the typicaly time of year Disney increases their ticket prices. Just something to consider.

My DS is 3 and they didn't ask for ID for him and I doubt they will for your children - just dates of birth.

And yes you do have access to the website for passholders. There is a place where you enter the code of your voucher. If they have any room discounts for passholders you can go ahead and book them ahead of time.

CanadianWDWFan
03-30-2009, 12:53 PM
A note on the ID required for kids, once we had the passes, our kids passes were linked to my driver's license. If they lost it, then I had to go and get the new pass by showing my license.

DizneyRox
03-30-2009, 01:22 PM
Get them as early as you can. Prices will go up.

In the past, I've been able to get onto the AP website using a voucher.

Daddy Mouse
03-30-2009, 02:16 PM
If you have a Disney store nearby where you live or you can order off of the official website. We purchased ours at the Disney store. As others have pointed out purchase it early to avoid any cost increase.