PDA

View Full Version : Crowd levels mid June?

wilcat
03-30-2009, 08:10 AM
I will be at WDW :cloud9: from June 16-21. How will the crowds be at the time of month? I don't usually go that time of year and am curious as to what to expect. Will there be long lines for the rides and shows or will I get to see eveything? I will be solo for the first few days then meeting up with family and friends toward the weekend.

PhantomTabitha
03-30-2009, 08:25 AM
You'll have a great time, June is a fantastic time to go! It's a lovely temperature and the crowds are pretty good, not their lowest but not super-busy by any stretch of the imagination! Enjoy!

Adambomb85
03-30-2009, 08:34 AM
That is really good to hear! I am going to be there around the same time and was a bit concerned about the crowds - but seems like a good time to be there!

MOJoe
03-30-2009, 09:25 AM
June heralds the beginning of summer vacation for most everyone. Early in the month, there are still some schools that have not dismissed. But by mid-month, summer break is in full swing. So you can't expect WDW not to be busy.

Granted, June crowds are not Spring Break or Christmas crowds. And i also enjoy going this time of year, in spite of the humidity and afternoon thunderstorms. But crowds are a given when schools are out of session.

cgriff
03-30-2009, 09:41 AM
I will be at WDW :cloud9: from June 16-21. How will the crowds be at the time of month? I don't usually go that time of year and am curious as to what to expect. Will there be long lines for the rides and shows or will I get to see eveything? I will be solo for the first few days then meeting up with family and friends toward the weekend.

Late June can be bonkers!, but you might be leaving before it gets too bad... Of course, chaos theory is at play here, so you just never know... Your solo days should be good, as you can take advantage of the single-rider lines.
Have fun!

ibrowse17
03-30-2009, 10:31 AM
We went to Disney for our honeymoon in June17-30 2006. Folks said we were crazy to go during the summer because it would be so crowded. We had a great time!! The crowd levels were a lot better than I had thought they would. Don 't get me wrong, we saw some huge crowds at times, but we also had times we felt like we were the only peolpe in a park. Overall it was very managable, and I would not worry about going during that time again.:thumbsup:

TwinniesNMeLoveWDW
03-30-2009, 10:40 AM
You have to expect very long lines for the popular rides during the afternoon, but we went first thing in the am and used fastpass strategically when we went in June 2 years ago and it was great. The only downer was that we could only go on Soarin once, since we were in WDW just a few days (combined that trip with a cruise) and had only 1 morning in Epcot. We went back to Epcot for a second evening, but wait 2 hrs to ride Soarin again? NO WAY.

Giggy
03-30-2009, 08:00 PM
This is according to the guidebook from my last trip (A Brit's Guide to Orland and Walt Disney World), that is 2004 however. Crowd info should be roughly the same though I'd imagine and unless there has been some major climate shift that I haven't heard of the weather info should be the same!

Temperatures are pretty high, around the mid-90s though rainfall is near its highest of the year so that may cool you down in the middle of the day.

Crowds are around average in mid-June, maybe slightly more than average. They get higher in late June as summer comes into full swing. Not unbearable unless you really hate crowds, just plan well on where to be and when. :mickey:

JRocker
03-30-2009, 08:17 PM
We will also be there during that timeframe (june 15-29).

From my own experience for that time of year, the crowds get larger each day as the month wears on.

The first week of June is great, but by that first weekend the crowds are picking up. Still, nothing compared to August...

Mom2princesses
03-30-2009, 09:50 PM
:DI'll be there during that time as well (6/16 thru 6/23). I have dealt with the hot Florida weather we have been there at the end of August but the crowds are lower at that time. I have not been there in June, I am hoping the temps while hot won't be August type hot! Anyhow we will have a blast I'm sure! I am hoping mid-june is not that crowded yet. Up by me most public schools will still be in session. Guess we will find out in June.