PDA

View Full Version : When to go? Sept? or Oct?

haley's mom
03-30-2009, 07:14 AM
So we want to take advantage of Free Dining this year. We could go the last week of September (the final week of free dining) and save $120 per room (3 rooms needed). Or we could check in on Oct 3rd (the final day of free dining) and have free dining for the duration of our trip.

Any advice on weather? Crowds? Free Dining crowds?

We have not done free dining since 2006. Please help me decide when to go.

brownie
03-30-2009, 07:34 AM
I'm guessing you won't find much of a difference between the two weeks. We've enjoyed our September trips.

Strmchsr
03-30-2009, 08:11 AM
Or we could check in on Oct 3rd (the final day of free dining) and have free dining for the duration of our trip.

You would need to check with Magical Journeys, but I believe that is incorrect. I double-checked Nanci's post in the Accomodations forum and it clearly states that "free" dining is not applicable for any night after October 3, so if you check in on October 3 that would be the only night you would get the "free" dining. I know in the past it didn't matter when you checked in...as long as you checked in during a promotion you got that promotion for the entire time, but it looks like Disney has closed that loophole this year. Now, when the promotion ends, it ends.

Weather between late September and early October is pretty much the same - hot and humid, though not as bad as August. As for crowds, it seems crowds are up significantly with the 4/3 promotion and given the number of people anticipating "free" dining I would except the same for that promotion, but I don't think it'll matter with the times you mention. I guess with "free" dining ending on exactly October 3 crowds might be lower then.

bcornette
03-30-2009, 08:22 AM
the fine print does says it ends on October 3rd. But you can book it to start on the 3rd and get free dining for the duration of the trip. They may change this, but if you get it booked and put your deposit down you should be safe.
I am staying from 10/3 - 10/11 at POP with free dining.

Hopefully not many people know that you can start on the 3rd and it will be even less crowded.

Maybe I should delete everything I am typing and keep it a secret just for myself.

haley's mom
03-30-2009, 09:17 AM
I do have Oct 3-9 booked. I orginally booked week prior, but called back to ask CM if FD would apply if checking in Oct 3rd.

BugeyedMuggy
03-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Just a thought but we booked the week before the Columbus weekend this year because last year it was crazy in Epcot F&W over that weekend.

bcornette
03-30-2009, 01:05 PM
I never even thought about Columbus Day weekend. I'll just avoid Epcot on those days. My kids are small (1, 5 and 8) so they will get enough Epcot during the week.

I'll just have to make sure I remember that while making dining plans.