PDA

View Full Version : Seas Aqua Tour/EPCOT

missymouseworld
03-30-2009, 06:48 AM
I was wondering if anyone has ever done the Seas Aqua Tour at Epcot? My DD12 wanted to do a dolphin encounter at Sea World, but we are not going there this time we visit, so I went on the Epcot website and saw the Aqua Tour. We were looking into the Dolphins in Depth tour, but she is not 13 yet. Do they check age, and how do they check age? My husband would be with her at the tour. Does anyone know the costs?

On our way in three days °o°!

j&j
03-30-2009, 07:32 AM
Dolphins In Depth- Living Seas-Epcot
M thru F @ 9:45AM
3 hrs
$175 per person
1AP, DVC, Military, AAA Diamond

Disney Visa
Not Required or Included
13 years old or older.
13 to 17 must be accompanied by an adult. No jewelry.
Epcot @ the Guest Relations window outside Epcot main entrance
:mickey::mickey:
Epcot Dive Quest-Living Seas-Epcot
Daily @ 4:30PM and 5:30PM
3 hrs
$175 per person
AP, DVC, Military, AAA Diamond

2 Disney Visa
Not Required or Included
10 yrs and up. 10 to 14 must be accompanied by an adult. Scuba certification required
Epcot Guest Relations window outside of main entrance

Strmchsr
03-30-2009, 08:03 AM
I was wondering if anyone has ever done the Seas Aqua Tour at Epcot? Do they check age, and how do they check age? My husband would be with her at the tour. Does anyone know the costs?

On our way in three days °o°!

The Seas Tour is $140/person and your daughter would be fine on that as the minimum age is 8. However, if you're going in 3 days you may not be able to get in. That tour books up pretty fast. I would suggest calling the WDW Tour number today to check.

The DiveQuest mentioned above is for certified open water divers. The Seas tour does not require scuba certification. You get 30 minutes snorkeling in the aquarium. Well worth it.

All age limits are set for safety and insurance reasons. If your daughter is not 13 then she is not eligible for the Dolphins in Depth, but I think the Seas tour is well worth it.

Dznygrl79
03-30-2009, 08:06 AM
The Aqua Tour is amazing! I did this on my last trip and it is absolutely the best experiance. First you meet with your guide who sizes you up for a wetsuit and flippers, then you get a small tour and see the manatees. Watch a video and sign a waiver saying you won't hurt anything or hold disney responsible for any accidents. Then you get on these tanks and get comfortable with the oxygen, then off you go for about thirty mins. I was so amazed, I saw so many animals, I had a spotted eagle ray swim right under me. It was neat and I swam close enough to the living seas windows to wave to people.
I hope you get to enjoy the experiance.

mouseketeer mom
03-30-2009, 08:38 AM
My middle daughter is 13 now, and she has done the aqua seas tour 4 times already with her Dad! Its "their" thing together that they do as much as they can on our trips. The CM's working the tour are fantastic with my daughter. Making sure she is comfortable and secure. They get some behind the scenes info, some instruction, and time in the tank. It is always the highlight of our trips for them. Then they take a pic of my DD and husband, each group gets a pic, and its great to see how she's grown over the years. They also get a pin and a T-shirt. Those not participating can watch them swim in the big tank!! It tears me up every time. I'm so proud of her swimming with these sharks, turtles and fish. It is an amazing experience.

missymouseworld
03-30-2009, 09:07 AM
If we book the Dolphins in Depth, I see that a child must be 13 with adult. She is really more interested in the Dolphin encounter, but will not be 13 for 3 weeks. How do they check age? I see that the Dive Quest is for 10 and up, so I was wondering why the Dolphin one is 13....

Strmchsr
03-30-2009, 10:01 AM
DiveQuest is 10 and up because open water scuba certification is available at age 10. Dolphins in Depth is 13, I imagine, because you're dealing with animals which is more liability.

As for how they check the age...I'm not completely sure on that since I don't have a child old enough to do it yet, but if you're asking can you get around the age thing that kind of discussion is not allowed on Intercot. The point is, the age limit is 13. Usually they do require proof of age on these types of events - like a birth certificate. Because my DS is 8 I'm bringing that for the Seas Aqua Tour in May. However, if she's that close they might allow her. I would suggest you call WDW Tours and ask.

missymouseworld
03-30-2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks for all the information. I did call the reservations area and the CM checked with his supervisor, it is 13 no matter what....so even though her birthday is so close, we will have to wait until next time. I wasn't trying to get around her age, I was trying to find out what type of documentation you would have to bring to prove age in case we decide on the Aqua Tour (since children don' t usually have a form of ID carried on them). They did have availability on Aqua Tour, so I have to run it by her.

missymouseworld
03-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Found out a copy of a birth certificate is needed.

Thanks again!:mickey:

Strmchsr
03-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks for giving that note of clarification. At least now we know for the future if someone else asks the same question. I hate that they can't let her in so close, but I guess if they made an exception at any point you would get into a never ending cycle of where's the cut off point. I hope your DD enjoys the trip and now she'll have something to look forward to next time!