PDA

View Full Version : Everybody sing! "Oh, the weather outside is frightful..."

alphamommy
03-29-2009, 06:43 PM
Yes, it's March 29, it's spring, and it's snowing!

Fortunately, it's not sticking (yet). I hope it doesn't get cold enough tonight for everything to freeze!

SBETigg
03-29-2009, 06:54 PM
That's dreadful! I'm so sorry. I've been so happy now that it looks like spring is finally here, and now we have potential snow on the way, too. It probably won't hit us. But I'm sorry it hit you. I hope nothing sticks!

Buddy08
03-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Here in Chicagoland we must have gotten 6-8 inches and it was HEAVY to shovel. We had to dig my son's car out from under mounds of snow and shovel behind his car so he could get out of the driveway and go to work. :down:Where is spring?

sassafras
03-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Luckily for us (in Camp Point, IL), the snow must have went north to Chicago (sorry about that!). We only had about an inch this morning when we woke up and it melted by noon. Tomorrow, it's back to 67 degrees! :D

RedSoxFan
03-29-2009, 09:15 PM
They're talking about wet snow for us tomorrow. Should have known the warm weather wouldn't last long.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-29-2009, 09:36 PM
I hope it goes away soon! We had a nice sunny warm day yesterday then raw and rainy today.

I hadn't heard that we were supposed to get any more snow SBETigg. When I watched the weather channel this morning they were actually saying we'd be in the high 40's low 50's this week.

SBETigg
03-29-2009, 10:02 PM
I hope it goes away soon! We had a nice sunny warm day yesterday then raw and rainy today.

I hadn't heard that we were supposed to get any more snow SBETigg. When I watched the weather channel this morning they were actually saying we'd be in the high 40's low 50's this week.

Yeah, it looks like it's headed to Maine. Our Western MA weather people were talking about it, but I think they were just predicting it as a possibility for the hill towns. I wasn't paying careful attention, I just heard snow and freaked out a little. We are due for a major thunderstorm with hail any minute now out here.

Sorry for you folks with more snow now- ack!

JPL
03-29-2009, 10:07 PM
We just had our first round of thunderstorms of the Spring Season pass by :D

Marilyn Michetti
03-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Oh, it would just be too mean to tell you what it's doing in Az.
:sun:

alphamommy
03-30-2009, 05:25 PM

Yes, it would!

It's turned out to be a fairly nice Michigan spring day today - around 60 degrees, blue skies, snow gone.

There have been years where we got our biggest snow in March or April, so I know it's not necessarily over yet!

LauraleeH
03-30-2009, 05:57 PM
My friend in Indiana told me it was snowing yesterday, I was so jealous. Of course, he was jealous that I spent the day at the beach, but still...

Ed
03-30-2009, 07:18 PM

:ditto: for :mickey: country.

So, I'll just shut my piehole and :bolt:

DANAM
03-31-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm in New Orleans and yesterday was our first cold day in about a month. I woke up this morning and it was in the high 70's again. I wish we would get a couple more cold days. How about this I'll send the heat to ya'll you send the snow down here. Scratch the snow. My Dad has a theory that every winter it snows here we get a hurricane. It snowed Christmas Day the winter before Katrina. And most of all the other big storms we have had.