PDA

View Full Version : which park for 1/2 day..

GINNY69
03-29-2009, 03:31 PM
On my last day at WDW I will only have time to spend a 1/2 day at a park. My flight leaves at 5pm.. I am thinking I will have to leave the park by 1:30 to go back to the resort to get ME. What park would you go to for a 1/2 day?

Thanks ....
:ebasket::easter::bunny::egg:

Earnhardt321
03-29-2009, 03:44 PM
I like to hit MK before we leave for last chance rides on Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Pirates and, Big Thunder Mountain. I also like to grab a few last souveniers from MK to.

Bluesky481
03-29-2009, 03:44 PM
On our last trip down, DH and I spent our last half day at EPCOT. We spent the first couple hours in Future World, and had a relaxing lunch in France when World Showcase opened. We caught a couple shows/attractions as we took our last stroll around the World Showcase lagoon. It was a relaxing way to end our vacation. No matter what park you choose, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. You really can't go wrong when you're at Disney! :thumbsup:

tinksmom02
03-29-2009, 03:49 PM
We like to wander around EPCOT one last time, so that's what I'd pick.

I did want to mention, though, that ME will pick you up three hours before your flight, but they suggest being at your hotel (and the ME stop) 20 or so minutes before your scheduled time.

So if your flight is 5pm, ME pickup will be 2pm, but they'll suggest you be there by 1:40-1:45. :D

mudpuppysmom
03-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Our last day we usually spend at MK, but we usually spend another whole day there.

Our first day we usually spend at MGM which is really a half day park for us, but that is us, so I think you need to evaluate where you normally spend a good bit of time and where you spend the least amount of time -- also where do YOU want to go before you go back home --what memories do you really want to remember as you leave? I think that would be your answer.

DisneyGlutton
03-29-2009, 04:40 PM
It depends on if you'll have already hit all the parks you wanted to already. You can cover HS in a half day, and maybe AK if you hustle. However, I tend to agree with all the other posters, as I return to my favorite parks (1/2 day each at Epcot and MK) on my final day. So you could also return to your favorite park for your half day.

beksy
03-29-2009, 05:23 PM
We also start and end the trip with MK, so on our last day we take the chance to ride Peter Pan, IASW, POTC, BTMRR, and whatever else we can squeeze in. Then we grab a last Dole Whip and head out.

playdead88
03-29-2009, 06:10 PM
i would pick MK for sure - we always end at MK usually we go on the last night and try to take in all the smells to last for another year until we come back - oh and one last dole whip

Physcayt
03-29-2009, 06:15 PM
We always end our trip at MK, but our last day in the parks is always on a Friday.

I would look at the day of the week which will be your last day, and I would look at which park had Extra Magic hours the night before. The one that was the most full the night before, I find tends to be slower to fill up the next morning. That's how I would develop my strategy.

All else being equal though, MK for sure. :mickey:

rkwctw
03-29-2009, 06:21 PM
I agree with the others. MK is the place to be. We always visit this parks first and last and like Earnhardt we want to hit Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Splash and Big Thunder Mountains before we leave. We also like Space Mountain but it will be closed during our trip this year. GO MK.

SBETigg
03-29-2009, 07:01 PM
This is all depends on how much time you have there and how time you've spent in each park. If you're only doing one park per day and only there for four days, I would leave DHS for the half day. But if you're just looking to redo one, I would say to choose your favorite to revisit on the last day. We usually end up redoing our MK favorites then.

disneymom2000
03-29-2009, 07:07 PM
This decision hinges on several things. Do you like to ride the rides or are you a browser? If you like the rides - which park has your favorite rides? If you are a browser, do you like to browse the countries or the shops on Main Street in MK? We each have our favorites, but you need to find out which ones are your own and then go for it.

VWL Mom
03-29-2009, 07:09 PM
I like to hit MK before we leave for last chance rides on Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Pirates and, Big Thunder Mountain. I also like to grab a few last souveniers from MK to.
:ditto:

dumbo ears
03-29-2009, 08:38 PM
id hit MK also to do the popular rides and eat a dole whip

g8rgirl29
03-29-2009, 09:20 PM
id hit MK also to do the popular rides and eat a dole whip

:blush: This is exactly what we did last year!! Had to get that Dole Whip Float fix before we left!! We always leave that last half day open and visit our favorite park that year(whichever park DD couldn't get enough of). MK has been the choice every time!!

ASweetLov
03-29-2009, 11:55 PM
I would go to the Magic Kingdom if I only had half a day left before leaving.

scootch713
03-30-2009, 09:05 AM
Pick your favorite park... and just do "your favorites". Be there at rope drop.

animalkingdomguy
03-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Hollywood Studios: You can get in Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster and couple of other things. Not a big park and honestly not one of my favorites.

SandmanGStefani24
04-13-2009, 01:12 AM
i say AK, or MGM are half day parks. I would say AK, since it's easier to take it easy and have a relaxed day before going home

dancin Disney style
04-13-2009, 06:13 PM
On my last day at WDW I will only have time to spend a 1/2 day at a park. My flight leaves at 5pm.. I am thinking I will have to leave the park by 1:30 to go back to the resort to get ME. What park would you go to for a 1/2 day?

Thanks ....
:ebasket::easter::bunny::egg:

I would spend that time in my favourite park.

javamama
04-13-2009, 07:23 PM
MK for us, it's closest to the Poly plus our kids are little so it's perfect they always love MK and can never get enough of the Mouse:D me either!

Dopey's Girl
04-13-2009, 07:27 PM
I always spend my last day at MK...that is the most "Disney" park for me, so I always end the day with a warm chocolate chip cookie from the Main Street Bakery, and once last look at the Castle. Makes me sad just thinking about how that day feels!

brownie
04-13-2009, 11:02 PM
Probably Disney's Hollywood Studios, but I might consider Animal Kingdom.

Villains0501
04-14-2009, 09:04 PM
I think AK is a perfect 1/2 day activity!

Mousemates
04-14-2009, 10:29 PM
AK is a great half day park...but MK is the park many folks like to remember and thus spend there final day there.