PDA

View Full Version : If at any time I needed it.....it's now!

dolphinmickey9170
03-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Pixie Dust, that is.

I seem to recall last year at this time my plans were up in the air about the already planned trip and the fact that Ben's FD schedule was holding everything up. Well now, it's CSU! I'm beginning to wish I didn't take this program for nursing school. It has been one headache after another.

Last year they told me I couldn't take MICRO until my Junior year. This year they are telling me I can't move onto my Junior year WITHOUT Micro. What is going on? Is there a conspiracy to keep me from going any further? Here's the other side of the problem.....I have a trip planned - booked, ADR's and everything from May 25-June 5. The class I need is May 26-July 7. See my problem? Also, the class is four days per week. I work 3 twelves with every other weekend. My boss will not let me work every Fri/Sat/Sun for six weeks, nor do I care to do so. I have been worrying myself sick, major headache for days, can't sleep, can't eat. :confused:

I'm sorry to unload on you all, but I just gotta let it go somewhere. :mad:Any thoughts, suggestions? I have looked into another school just for Micro, but they are booked. I will not hold myself back a year, so I will probably have to work something out with my boss and cancel my May trip.

Pixie Dust please?

azdisneymom
03-28-2009, 10:17 PM
I am so sorry things are working out this way. It actually sounds like you already know what you have to do. Smart thinking. It stinks that you have to make the changes though because of bad advice you got earlier.

I am sure have checked but do they offer Micro online? Anyway - good luck for the future.

Pixie dust on the way :pixie::pixie::pixie:

kakn7294
03-28-2009, 11:37 PM
First of all, why haven't you called me??? You know I'm here for you to unload upon! This is my weekend off (hint, hint...)

Second, I'm so sorry this school thing has been a major pain for you! It has been nothing but trouble but just think of the reward at the end. I think the previous poster had a great idea though - can you find an acceptable online program? I'm sure that there are plenty out there. A lot of nurses and aides at my hospital use Univ. of Phoenix online. If you can't find one, I guess you know what you have to do... I volunteer to go to Disney in your place - but I'm not sleeping with Ben!

Third, here's a ton of :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for solutions to all your problems. Love and miss you!

BMan62
03-29-2009, 07:23 AM
I see you list Baltimore as your home base...Have you checked up north here - York College of Pennsylvania - for the class? I'm not sure how willing you are to make that drive or even if they have the class in the time frame you need it, but I do know that they have, over the past 5 years or so, really expanded their nursing program.

Just a thought...

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

Lots of pixie dust, in any case!!

gueli
03-29-2009, 07:56 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Tough choice, but you know what you have to do. It just stinks.

I agree with kakn7294- I would also volunteer to go in your place, but I aint sleeping with ben either :):stir:

Stay strong-
:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
03-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Loads of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way so that it works out for you. Before you know it, it will be 2011 and you'll be having a drink at the F&WF to celebrate your graduation!!!!

murphy1
03-29-2009, 12:16 PM
That stinks!! I almost couldnt' grad on time b/c my counselor found a stupid course I missed, so I had to take some dumb freshman Soc. class to get it done! But it was easier than micro! Can you check with a community college or other inst. or like Kathy said an online option? I personally love those, maybe even a hybrid class/online option is available, they are usually more flexible if there isn't a tough lab involved. Hang in, it will all be worth it!

Briansmom
03-29-2009, 02:59 PM
I will not hold myself back a year, so I will probably have to work something out with my boss and cancel my May trip.

Pixie Dust please?

Ok, maybe I don't know the whole situation, but couldn't you change the dates on your trip so at least you would have that reward after you finish this bad, bad Micro class?

Much :pixie: to you and loads of :magic: cuz I really hate when plans don't go the way they are supposed to....

beksy
03-29-2009, 05:45 PM
I hope things all work out for you! Just keep reminding yourself 2011 isn't that far off and it will pay off in the end (that's what I keep doing!). :pixie::pixie::pixie:

SBETigg
03-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Kristen, I hope a solution presents itself and it all falls into place for you!

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-29-2009, 09:44 PM
No suggestions, but I hope it works out so that you can take your vacation.:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

dolphinmickey9170
03-31-2009, 11:51 AM
Okay, to add insult to injury, Ben got his promotion in the FD and his shift (kelly break) off is now a D6, all our vacations have been planned for D4, his previous kelly. Kelly is what the FD calls the shift they have off every six tricks. Long story.

So.......I have come to the realization that good tings come to those who wait. And as I previously stated....I am NOT going to hold myself back just because of one class.

So................after shedding some tears, I am cancelling the May trip and Ben and I will be going alone in July. Katy and Keara will not be coming as our oldest will be nearing the end of her pregnancy and Katy wants to be sure she is here for her.

Thank you all for listening and giving me your ideas. I'll let you know how the class ends! Hopefully on a good note.

kakn7294
03-31-2009, 02:02 PM
So you decided that you're taking that class in May - June. I'm so sorry you're going to miss your trip in May. I know how much you were looking forward to it. We'll still see you in July although we'll certainly miss Katy and Keara. Remember, I'm here for you to vent - I don't mind at all!

dolphinmickey9170
03-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Well, I guess I can look on the bright side. I was able to make the changes with DVC, moving my incentive points around and ended up with an extra 54 points to bank for next year, and used the left over points from May to upgrade in December. I also booked a couples massage on our anniversary, July 13, at SSR and dinner at Cali Grill!! This is starting to make the "no trip in May" easier to deal with. Also, the other bright side is, I'll be finished school in 2011 instead of 2012.

Every cloud has a silver lining, right?;)

DisneyWhirled
04-01-2009, 10:15 AM
First of all, why haven't you called me???

Ahhh, yeah???? Why haven't you called? I kinda felt like something has been up!! And, after all the venting I've done to you....I would have gladly been a shoulder to cry on.

I'm sorry this is happening to you :( I will pray for you that things get better. John went through something very similar in college, and advisor advised him INCORRECTLY and he couldn't graduated with his class. He was devastated.

Sorry you had to postpone your May trip, but it will all be worth it!! I know that is not ideal, and I'm sorry. But, please know that we are thinking of you and wishing you the best!!!