PDA

View Full Version : adult night out

largo605
03-28-2009, 01:02 PM
Have a sitter for a night while in Disney. We are staying in the park and would like suggestions on what to do w/o children. Not in to night clubs.

wendy*darling
03-28-2009, 05:02 PM
When our kids were little, they looked forward to their night in one of the Kids Clubs! It was definitely a highlight of the trip for them. :thumbsup:
DH and I would plan a dinner in a nicer restaurant- maybe someplace we might enjoy a more leisurely paced meal and conversation- often in Epcot. Then we would wander slowly through the World Showcase, enjoying the fantastic atmosphere at night, watching Illuminations.

When they were very young- we would ride some of the rides they were not tall enough yet. If you are doing the parent swap- then this is your chance to ride some of the attractions "together" for a change!

Or- you can go to Downtown Disney and shop, or have a nice dinner and see Cirque du Soleil.

There's certainly plenty to do without the kids. In fact, nowadays the majority of our trips are just the 2 of us since our kids are in college. There is never a shortage of things to do!

dmosher
03-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Depending on what you consider fun, there are a few options.
1) Drinks around the world in Epcot: No you don't have to drink at every country (but you can), just pick a few and have small appetizers/drinks as you casually stroll around the World Showcase.

2) Late Night Dinner at a nice restaurant: A few places are open late and getting the latest reservation means more attention to you and your food as well as sharing a restaurant with less diners. Try Raglan Road (in DTD), California Grill (CR), Artist Point (WL), etc.

3) Sitting by the quiet pools: It sounds easy enough, but if your resort has a quiet pool and it is actually quiet, it can be very relaxing after a day in the parks.

4) Grab a Hammock: Many of the resorts that have attached beaches also have hammocks to sit /lay in. For some cheap, and romantic down time, try stopping by the Polynesian, Coronado Springs, etc and try this. I would avoid the ones at the Beach Club as the foot traffic tends to ruin the tranquility.

5) Grand Floridian Massages: I believe you can get Spa/Massage Treatments relatively late (in the evening anyway) at the Grand Floridian.

6) Fireworks Hop: Planning this carefully and it can be quite fun. Get over to one park (i.e. DHS) and watch the fireworks show, then hop transportation over to another for Extra Magic Hours (i.e. MK) and watch another. You don't have to actually spend much time in the parks, but you can watch the fireworks anyway.

7) Boat Ride to DTD: This one was a lucky gem we found by accident. Grab a late night boat to DTD from Port Orleans. It is a very relaxing ride and is usually pretty empty (depending on the time of year).

8) Boat Ride to MK: This is just a beautiful ride from WL to MK and back, and if you time it right (check with the desk at WL) you can catch the Electrical Water Pageant on the way back. It's like a whole parade on the lake just for your boat! You can also sit on the beach at WL and watch the Pageant as well. There are hammocks on the beach (seasonally I believe) as well as beach chairs to enjoy the view.

9) Desert in the beach. On a warm night, we like to grab a desert to go from our resort (Villas@WL) and head out to the beach to sit, watch the Water Pageant (or just the boats going by and enjoy a quiet desert usually alone.

Hope this helps you two enjoy your romantic time alone. If you have any questions, drop me a line.
:pipes:
D

thejens
04-07-2009, 05:45 PM
We love being with the kids during the day, but really enjoy having a peaceful dinner while they are in the kid's clubs. Cali Grill is my favorite. Since we have two shopping-adverse boys, browsing through the shops on Main Street or in the World Showcase sounds nice too. If you are like us, anything you do will be fun!