PDA

View Full Version : Crowd estimate April 12-18

Crow
03-28-2009, 02:08 AM
saw that there is an estimate of a 10 on a 1-10 scale for the week I will be there.
thoughts?
any chances on a sticky for people to post how crowds are when they are down there?
Ive always avoided the crowds. How bad will it be?

Sunshine1010
03-28-2009, 07:46 AM
Spring Break?.....

one word: crowded

If you get there at opening...and I do mean OPENING, then it won't be a problem (if you want to ride the rides). Plan on getting up at 7am

dumbo ears
03-28-2009, 09:59 AM
ya it will be crowded. im also going down the week earlier and im exspecting large crowds but the only thing you can do is get there early in the day and use EMH.

MOJoe
03-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Hey, i like your idea about a Sticky to post crowd information. Of all the things Intercot is used for - planning, dreaming, speculating, second guessing Disney management, ect, - it seems we could find a way to do what we do best. Help each other.

A Sticky would help, but i would like to find a way to have real time information.

Wouldn't it be nice to check your cell phone/pda and say, "Hey guys, the wait for Soarin is out the door, and Epcot is packed. But nobody is at Rockin RollerCoaster right now. Let's hop to the Studios!"
Any way we could post wait times for certain attractions at specific times of the day to the site? Or maybe have a list of those of us at WDW for the week and send out group texts?

Any thoughts? Maybe i'm just dreaming. But this seems like it could help.

big blue and hairy
03-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Spring Break?.....

one word: crowded

another word: insane

:sulley:

bouncer
03-28-2009, 02:48 PM
our trip dates are 4/13-4/18 (DS6 Easter Break from Parochial School in WI). I just noticed the time changed on the park schedules. Not sure when you had last looked but I noticed a BIG difference when I looked at it last night. For example MK will have AM extra magic hours all week. On Friday they'll have AM & PM extra magic hours. Magic Kingdom will be open on Friday from 8 am - 3am! Monday & Tues open till 1 am. Wed, Thurs & Saturday till Midnight. Spectromagic will be held twice each night also at 9 & 11 pm. Even Fantasmic is going to be held twice each night Monday thru Thursday. I guess everyone is bracing for really big crowds.:crowd: Here's to hoping it goes well and we all have a great time despite the expected crowds...:fingers::pixie:

P.S. I put together a nice excel spreadsheet of the park hours for each park w/ extra magic hour, parade & fireworks times all on one page for easy reference. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to take a look at it!:thumbsup:

Crow
03-28-2009, 04:03 PM
would b nice to have real time reporting
i wouldnt be going at that time, other than thats when the nephews are on their spring break..........
ill have to check the new hours. i dont mind being in the park late night as im a night person, dont like getting up early.

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
03-28-2009, 04:31 PM
saw that there is an estimate of a 10 on a 1-10 scale for the week I will be there.
thoughts?
any chances on a sticky for people to post how crowds are when they are down there?
Ive always avoided the crowds. How bad will it be?

is there any way we can do this sticky for crowd levels/planning? This would be EXTREMELY helpful to have this right at the top, as real time and ongoing as possible, as a way to know current crowd levels.

Can we do this??

barnaby
03-29-2009, 02:37 PM
I was there last year for the week after Easter. It was very crowded, with a bunch of schools in the NE with spring break that week.
But the one good thing is increased park hours and EMHs, additional parade and show times plus more showings of Fantasmic, Wishes and Spectromagic.

We took advantage of the the evening EMHs, closing the parks late (MK at 3AM) and sleeping in. But it was still crowded in the evenings.