PDA

View Full Version : circus peanuts

allirae
03-27-2009, 05:36 PM
This might seem like a really bizaar question, but does anyone know who carries the multi-colored circus peanuts? I need the white ones for a cupcake decoration and can't seem to find them anywhere. Online is not an option as I need them before the 3rd of April and I don't need the bulk sizes they carry online. I've already checked Kroger, Ingles, CVS, WalMart, and Dollar General to no avail. Any help would be extremely appreciated!!

Hull-onian
03-27-2009, 05:47 PM
See if you can look up "Yummy's", ten thousand pounds of candy in Kittery, ME. They do ship, and have small amts. Check 'em out. You might get lucky.:mickey:

allirae
03-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Thanks so much. They do have them - and in small amounts. But you have to have a minimum order of $20 plus shipping for them to ship.:( My parents actually live in Portland (how much of a coincidence is that?) They're going to see if they can get there and ship them themselves, but I don't know if it will be in time. I'll keep looking.

emmatink
03-28-2009, 10:39 AM
This has nothing to do with your question just an observation....I live in Georgia and my mom lives in Auburn, ME! Are you originally from Maine too?

allirae
03-28-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm not originally from Maine. Actually, my husband and I are originally from Michigan. We moved to Dawsonville in '04. My parents moved to Maine a few years ago (Dad got a job at the Portland paper - used to work for the Detroit News/FreePress). Then, strangely enough, my in-laws moved to Maine last year. My FIL was offered the position of Seminary President at the Bangor Theological Seminary. Strange, huh?

hokies4life
03-31-2009, 09:34 AM
They make them in different colors? I've never seen that. I might have to look in to this since BF and I use them as sugary road snacks all the time.

:chipdale:

DisneyDog
03-31-2009, 11:41 AM
Do you have one of those candy stores that sell in bulk near you? Or maybe Costco or BJs type of place?

DisneyWhirled
04-01-2009, 10:26 AM
I hope you find your peanuts!

Totally off topic, but I know exactly where Yummy's is....I live about 45 minutes from them...SMALL WORLD!!

I'd offer to help, but I'm afraid I found this post too late :(

allirae
04-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Thanks to everyone who offered help and ideas! My parents actually did end up going to Yummies and shipping me some. The cupcakes turned out very cute - thanks again!

ozmom
04-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Did you take a picture, would love to see them.:party:

allirae
04-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Here they are (sorry it's kind of grainy):
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh163/graystonw/bunnyfeet.jpg