PDA

View Full Version : The Day of The Week To Visit

cmsizzlin
03-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Hey all you WDW experts.
When is the best day of the week to visit each park. Someone told me not to do MK on Sat or Sun obviously more crowded than any other day.

We are going 8/15/09 to 8/20/09. Any help or advice or suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks in Advance

GrumpyFan
03-27-2009, 11:39 AM
You might check When to Visit (http://intercot.com/infocentral/weather/whentovisit.asp) here on Intercot which gives a good summary. However, over the years as the parks have become more and more crowded, these kinds of general crowd strategies have been published in books and web pages so it's not always accurate. That's not to say it isn't, but it's kinda like the secret that a lot of visitors know now, which doesn't really make it a secret anymore.

Here are some other guidelines that might help. One thing that we've found is to go to a park the morning after it had an EMH night. A lot of the hotel guests will have been there late the day/night before, so they're less likely to go that day, at least early in the morning. Get to the parks when they first open, if you can, as crowds start building up around 11 am.

DisneyGiant
03-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Here are some other guidelines that might help. One thing that we've found is to go to a park the morning after it had an EMH night. A lot of the hotel guests will have been there late the day/night before, so they're less likely to go that day, at least early in the morning. Get to the parks when they first open, if you can, as crowds start building up around 11 am.

That's a really good strategy - and in all my years, I can't believe it hasn't occurred to me!

Thanks for the tip - I may look into that!