PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney

ValenciaCalling
03-27-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm giving a presentation in a few weeks about Walt Disney and I need interesting specific information about his life, how he started his studio and developed his business, etc. I have Neal Gabler's biography on him, and I've already read through it twice.

Here is the big question I would like you to answer:

How was Walt Disney a successful leader?

Mickey'sGirl
03-27-2009, 11:50 AM
In my opinion, he was able to include those around him in his visions. He motivated people to become part of the dream. I think his ability to inspire others is what made him a great leader.

JPL
03-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Here is the big question I would like you to answer:

How was Walt Disney a successful leader?

If you listen to interviews with former imagineers and animators talk about Walt they all seem to say the same thing. Walt had a gifts for seeing and bringing out talents in others that they didn't know they had. Disneyland is a perfect example of this he took a bunch of animators and said we are building a Theme Park and you are going to design and build it for me. They all thought he was crazy at first.

ibrowse17
03-27-2009, 04:40 PM
I would say the proof of his leadership is in the company he left behind.:thumbsup:

brownie
03-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Check out Pat William's How to be Like Walt. You might also watch Walt, the Man Behind the Myth or read the companion book.

PrettyMinnie
03-28-2009, 09:19 PM
I feel like so much can be done with this topic. I would say Walt Disney took inspiration from actual places both around the world and USA (Main Street, the Matterhorn etc.) and he transformed them into something everyone can enjoy and still enjoys today. If you ask me, the fact that Walt Disney drew inspiration from around the world and acted on it, shows his leadership abilities.

Also, if you watch some of the shows on the making of Disneyland it talks about how involved Walt was. He was there supervising almost everyday and acquainted with his worker and what was going on. He even had an apartment in Disneyland. It was also said that he spent time in the parks once they were opened which allowed him to really connect with guests. I think his genuine nature really helped with his leadership.

Hope this helps and good luck!