PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass Question

DANAM
03-27-2009, 10:03 AM
On our last trip we utilized FP as much as we could. I am getting a plan together for my aunt in June and I was wondering about something. If you enter the park when it first opens what time would you get fast pass for. Are the first one's issued for about an hour later or do they start at park openning. For instance Toy Story I know they go fast but say you where the first one's to get FP at 9am would the return time be for say 10am-11am? I have always wondered how this works for all fast passes.

yourmagicalguide
03-27-2009, 10:59 AM
If you enter the park when it first opens, what time would you get fast pass for? Are the first one's issued for about an hour later or do they start at park openning?

I only tried this twice for Fastpasses when I was there two weeks ago, and both had me coming back an hour later - i.e. park opened at 9 a.m., Fastpass return time was 10 - 11 a.m.

Hope this helps with your planning :mickey:

Jim9368
03-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Few people know but with a fast pass it can be used ANYTIME after the first time printed on the pass. If you get a fast pass for 10:00 to 11:00 it can be used any time from 10:00 until the park closing

WDWdriver
03-27-2009, 12:05 PM
Few people know but with a fast pass it can be used ANYTIME after the first time printed on the pass. If you get a fast pass for 10:00 to 11:00 it can be used any time from 10:00 until the park closing

Generally true. But it's up to the CMs, and they may not honor late returns at some attractions (i.e. Soarin'). It's always best to try to return during your window.

And WELCOME! to Intercot. :welcome:

big blue and hairy
03-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Generally true. But it's up to the CMs, and they may not honor late returns at some attractions (i.e. Soarin'). It's always best to try to return during your window.

And WELCOME! to Intercot. :welcome:

That's the first I've heard that. Not a very good idea, either. Take them or don't, inconsistancy is just asking for an arguement.

:sulley:

DisneyWithoutTheSpin
03-27-2009, 12:42 PM
In February, we went directly to TSM stand-by line at 9AM when the park opened - when passing the FastPass machines return times were beginning at 9:50AM. Not sure how many had been dispensed, but we were close to the front of the rope drop and went directly to TSM. We only waited about 15-20 min. in stand-by. The line moves quicker when no FastPass line is merging. As to one of the other posts, I have never been turned away for coming back well after the FastPass window on the ticket. I have used tickets with a 9-10AM range at 7PM with no issue. I agree it would be a bad idea to start enforcing the one hour time window.

big blue and hairy
03-27-2009, 12:51 PM
I agree it would be a bad idea to start enforcing the one hour time window.Although I hope they don't start enforcing the one hour window, that's not actually what I was talking about. You either enforce it or don't enforce it, corporately. Don't leave it up to a cast member. Consistancy.

gerald72
03-27-2009, 02:05 PM
In August, I got a fastpass for Stitch at 8:06. (I never used the pass, so I'm looking at the time stamps on it as I write this) The fastpass window was between 10:05 and 11:05. But the interesting thing was I could get another fastpass anytime after 8:05, which had already passed. So I walked right over the Buzz and got another FP.
It would be silly if the fastpasses at park opening could be used immediately. The lines are so short then it would be senseless.

Imagineer1981
03-27-2009, 04:51 PM
That's the first I've heard that. Not a very good idea, either. Take them or don't, inconsistancy is just asking for an arguement.

I was always told as a CM to honor the FP no matter what, as long as it was during their window or after, just not before. All it does is lead to an arguement. Maybe their kid got sick or they were delayed on another ride, or they forgot, or whatever! Their place in line was guarenteed, and it should be honored for that day. Thats what we were taught

big blue and hairy
03-28-2009, 02:42 PM
I was always told as a CM to honor the FP no matter what, as long as it was during their window or after, just not before. All it does is lead to an arguement. Maybe their kid got sick or they were delayed on another ride, or they forgot, or whatever! Their place in line was guarenteed, and it should be honored for that day. Thats what we were taught
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

BMan62
03-28-2009, 06:53 PM

If this is the case, they should do away with the "window" and just state that it can be used anytime - during the same calendar day - after the time listed. Otherwise, they need to enforce the "window." JMHO

cindchan
03-28-2009, 08:26 PM
If this is the case, they should do away with the "window" and just state that it can be used anytime - during the same calendar day - after the time listed. Otherwise, they need to enforce the "window." JMHO

I agree. It'd simply make more sense to have the start time, and then the person could use it whenever in the day. That's what they do for the Kim Possible Adv. You're given a time, and can get the phone anytime after that time.

And I'm kinda glad they didn't enforce the window time. I got a FP for Soarin', then went on the Behind the Seeds tour (really cool tour, btw!). The tour went longer than usual, and I didn't get to the ride till about 5 mins after my time window. I was so glad they let me in. ^_^

DANAM
03-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the info. I asked because my aunt doesn't ride thrill rides and the others in her party are heading stright to rock n roller coaster and tower so I figured she could do this while waiting for them but I hated to send her over there for nothing.
I have read in the unofficial guide that CM are told not to turn people away if the FP is for that day, as long as it is not before the time. So I guess that's an option but I'm sure if everyone started going back whenever then FP will be having waits just as long as the regular lines.
Thanks again for all your help.

DisneyWithoutTheSpin
03-29-2009, 11:13 AM
I think they use the "window" on the FP tickets to provide some level of crowd control. In a perfect system, all guests would return at the appointed hour and lines could be managed the way the system intended. Many people still return within the hour printed which helps that line management. In no way am I suggesting the 1 hour window should be enforced, and certainly not differently by each CM. I feel Disney should and will honor FP the way they do today. I just think it was intended not to tell each guest their FP is good all day to help the system function.

WDW_Obsessed
03-29-2009, 11:34 AM
I have had a CM not honor a FP after the hour window had passed. It was for Soarin', and it was in the peak season of July, and the stand-by line was 120 mins. Maybe it was just too busy of a time to take FP's any time during the day:shrug: Either way it was sort of a bummer, so I just stick with trying to make it within the hour window.

Giggy
03-29-2009, 07:18 PM
I'd imagine they deliberately have the end time of a fastpass - even if not enforced for a reason. As a general rule they will let you on anyway but if for some reason (such as the fastpass queue was super crowded) they may have to turn people away if their fast pass has expired. This allows them to do so with no one having any grounds for complaint.

Basically they will let you on with an expired fastpass normally but that is a bonus. If you turned up and they turned you away then they haven't broken any rules in doing so.

Of course they don't have to follow that rule most of the time so it's all good. :mickey: