PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need Gift Basket Ideas!

alphamommy
03-27-2009, 08:45 AM
At DD9's elementary school, they have an annual fun fair. One of the features of this fair is a gift basket raffle, where each class is assigned a theme, and parents donate items (cost $5-10) to fill the basket.

This year, our class theme is "For Dads Only". They provided a list of ideas, but none of them stand out as something I'd like to donate, so I'm looking for some help.

One option is to donate money that can be pooled with other donations to purchase a larger item, but they currently only have 5 things for our gift basket, so I think they need more "smaller" stuff to make the basket look more impressive.

Any suggestions? Any dads out there have any ideas of something they'd like to have (within the price limitations)?

Thanks!

Mickey'sGirl
03-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Playing cards
movie passes
I-Tunes card
Starbucks card
BBQ utensils
can of cashews/almonds/roasted nuts
steak spice
rubiks cube
leatherman tool
box of microwave popcorn
I'll keep thinking...

sassafras
03-27-2009, 10:19 AM
How about fishing lures, flys, bobbers, sinkers, that sort of thing? Small tools like screw drivers, pliers? If you have a Dollar Tree in your area, they always have lots of small things like that. Playing cards are good too.

krose78
03-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Golf Tees/balls

offwego
03-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Sports themed magazine
maps of the area
beer steins
portable lunch bags in guy colours
tools of many kinds like a measuring tape, smallish level etc.

MickeyMousse
03-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Wow, these are great ideas!!:thumbsup: Something that I am going to have to keep in mind for gifts for Fathers Day!

Mickey'sGirl
03-27-2009, 01:03 PM
I had another thunk....

packets of seeds (veggie garden!)

murphy1
03-27-2009, 01:29 PM
You might also go to a local golf course, they will sometimes help the schools here by donating certificates for play time, driving range or golf shop items.

Dollar store always has things if you have one near you.

Tazo tea (my dh likes this) or Twinings teas.

alphamommy
03-30-2009, 05:27 PM
I finally found something that meets both requirements (for a dad, between $5 and $10).

I found a Stanley screwdriver set with a storage rack for $8.99 this morning. Bada-bing!