PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances?

Luthien Tinuviel
03-26-2009, 06:33 PM
What do you think the chances are of the parks filling up and closing the week of April 1 to April 8 (Wednesday to Wednesday)? We have dinner reservations every night at Epcot and I'm worried that if we go to a different park during the day, we won't be able to get into Epcot for dinner as we're going to be there pretty close to Easter. All of our reservations are on the later side (7:30 pm or later). Will that help the situation or make it worse? Also, do understand correctly that resort guests can still get into the parks after they are closed to non-resort guests? I'm so excited about our dinner reservations; please tell me we'll be able to make it to them! Thanks!

PetefromRI
03-26-2009, 06:54 PM
I don't know for sure but I think that it's very rare,maybe a couple times since DisneyWorld opened.Don't worry,you'll be fine and if it did happen,just tell them you have dinner ressies and I'm sure one phone call by a CM would get you in.

faline
03-26-2009, 07:12 PM
I don't think you'll need to worry about park closings during that time frame. Usually, closings occur on days like the 4th of July and New Year's Eve.

dumbo ears
03-26-2009, 08:37 PM
I goin during the easter week and I don't think it will be full. Last year I went during the same time and the crowds never got that bad, but I can deal with large crowds better than others

LVT
03-27-2009, 07:59 PM
That's our time of year. I believe your only
problems will be allowing enough travel time,
buses could need a full hour. enjoy.

WVParkfan
03-30-2009, 01:19 PM
I don't think you should worry at all.

The only time we've ever seen any park close was on Christmas Day of 2006. We were there on Easter Sunday last year, and while there was a crowd, it was nowhere near capacity.

One word of caution, though... the parking lots CAN and DO fill up long before the parks do. If you can use Disney transportation for any (or all) of your traveling, I highly recommend it. If not, then get to the parking lots early.