PDA

View Full Version : If you could....

4ubie1
03-26-2009, 03:43 PM
remodel one attraction/ride in WDW, which would it be and what would you do to it??

I would remodel CoP. I would make the last scene more up-to-date and refurbish all the seats and carpeting. Make it look real nice on the inside. This attraction was one of Disney's treasures and I want to keep it that way.:D

jaredkari
03-26-2009, 05:41 PM
I agree CoP does need to update that last scene and clean the theater up. I guess beyond that I would definately update "Honey I Shrunk the Audience", it is really out of date. At the studios, Star Tours really needs a revamp, maybe update it with some stuff from the newer Star Wars movies.

Beyond that I think they really need to get more of a Mary Poppins presence in the parks. I know it is an old film but if you look at a lot of the history of Disney parks they owe a lot to that movie, more than just a quick scene on the Great Movie Ride. They need a whole attraction devoted to it and I think it would make a whole new generation fans of the movie. :mickey:

DisneyFr33k
03-26-2009, 07:20 PM
The Enchanded Tiki Room -Under New Management. We remembered the old one, enjoyed it and went years later with out kids. BIG disappointment. :down:

dumbo ears
03-26-2009, 08:35 PM
i would remodel the journey into imagination ride. Its outdated and just pitiful. I never saw the first one but I bet its 100 times better than the one they have now

texasteacher
03-26-2009, 10:40 PM
I second that recommendation!

Imagineer1981
03-26-2009, 11:27 PM
JIYI needs a serious refurb. Bring back the old version but with modern tech and a new twist

Polynesian Dweller
03-26-2009, 11:54 PM
Good suggestions in this thread. SInce JIYI and HISTA are in the same pavillion and both are in desperate need of improvement I'd vote for the Imagination Pavillion have a rethink in its entirety,

Disneypixie513
03-27-2009, 08:14 AM
Star Tours for sure. I absolutely love Star Wars and the ride. But it really needs an update. It'd be nice if they had 2 or 3 different "missions" and it was random as to which one you would get.
I think I would also change The Tiki room back to the original. I saw the original in DL and loved it. I love Iago to death, but I think the classic was better.

prttynpnk
03-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Star Tours for sure. I absolutely love Star Wars and the ride. But it really needs an update. It'd be nice if they had 2 or 3 different "missions" and it was random as to which one you would get.

I love this idea!

4ubie1
03-27-2009, 01:07 PM
I didn't even think of Star Tours...there are soo many possibilities they can do with that ride now that they have material from the newer movies to work with. I also agree with the idea of maybe having a couple different missions to go on and have it be randomly chosen. :yoda:

joonyer
03-27-2009, 01:40 PM
I would refurbish/remodel/update the Speedway with a "Cars" - Radiator Springs - Route 66 theme. :car:
Yes, I know that's not necessarily a "tomorrow" (future or retro future) theme, but nothing about the current speedway is themed that way now anyway.

I would replace the gas-engine vehicles with electric ones, using various "Cars" characters (you could use sound effects to mimic engine sounds) and enclose all or part of the speedway track with a building so that at least part of it could be a dark ride, with special effects, for instance, Radiator Springs town scenes (daytime and especially at night, with all its neon glory), a mountain road scene (Wheel Well Hotel ), tipping the tractors, etc. I would include a digital surround sound music system (with in- car speakers), for all the cool songs from the soundtrack. I would leave the basic track setup the way it is now (partially steerable, with acceleration and brake controls) so kids can still feel like they are really driving. :truck:

Add a ride photo opportunity (like Splash Mountain) and a gift shop at the exit and all this would revive this very tired attraction. It would give this attraction some much needed Disney "magic" and make it even more fun for kids of ALL ages.

Imagineer1981
03-27-2009, 04:53 PM
I would refurbish/remodel/update the Speedway with a "Cars" - Radiator Springs - Route 66 theme. :car:
Yes, I know that's not necessarily a "tomorrow" (future or retro future) theme, but nothing about the current speedway is themed that way now anyway.

I would replace the gas-engine vehicles with electric ones, using various "Cars" characters (you could use sound effects to mimic engine sounds) and enclose all or part of the speedway track with a building so that at least part of it could be a dark ride, with special effects, for instance, Radiator Springs town scenes (daytime and especially at night, with all its neon glory), a mountain road scene (Wheel Well Hotel ), tipping the tractors, etc. I would include a digital surround sound music system (with in- car speakers), for all the cool songs from the soundtrack. I would leave the basic track setup the way it is now (partially steerable, with acceleration and brake controls) so kids can still feel like they are really driving. :truck:

Add a ride photo opportunity (like Splash Mountain) and a gift shop at the exit and all this would revive this very tired attraction. It would give this attraction some much needed Disney "magic" and make it even more fun for kids of ALL ages.

This has been talked about alot. I hope one day if I become an Imagineer I can help bring these ideas to life. I know one thing is for sure, I'd be on these boards everyday seeing what the true Disney fans wanted.

Daddy Mouse
03-28-2009, 09:31 PM
I would recreate Indiana Jones into a ride, a combo coaster with some interactive slower areas and can have 3 or 4 different experiences based upon the different movies.

Spacegirl
03-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Indy Speedway definitely but I wish they would change Haunted Mansion back to its original. I was very excited last year to see it but was disappointed when I finished the ride. There was a couple of neat things but that was about it. That ride just brings back good memories.

TheMartellFamily
03-29-2009, 10:36 AM
I will say that COP need a bit of re-vamping. The last scene seems like it is dated 1989 and it is now 10 years later. I know that things change all the time so they will be alot of work to keep up with technology, but it really is outdated.

mrsgaribaldi
03-29-2009, 11:05 AM
I think I would also change The Tiki room back to the original. I saw the original in DL and loved it. I love Iago to death, but I think the classic was better.

I like this idea too. We only do Star Tours now like every 5 or 6th trip. I would love an update on it:yoda::chewy::darth:

Ryan Towle
04-03-2009, 03:14 PM
POTC needs a MAJOR overhaul. First, I'd get rid of that "Squid Guy" on the waterfall, and put in a talking skull and crossbones over the waterfall. Then I'd get rid of the music during the ship battle scene. That music is just horrid and rapes the ride of it's originality. I'd keep the first Captain Jack, the one that's hiding in the clothes, because he's not really that noticeable. Next, I'd switch it so that the men are chasing the women in circles, and have the pirate by the barrel be searching for his "mistress" while holding up a piece of her ripped clothing. And finally I'd have this amazing shoot out scene at the end, with a few soldiers tied up to chairs. Then the ride would be crazy cool.:thumbsup:

Mousemates
04-03-2009, 06:31 PM
For modernization/updates

Star Tours

The Closing Scene from COP

Figment (thou DD loves it as is)

AllDisney
04-05-2009, 04:02 PM
I'd replace the current Indiana Jones stage show with the awesome Indiana Jones ride that's in Disneyland. It's a ride not to be missed:thumbsup:

AmandaChan
04-05-2009, 04:37 PM
As much as I love the Great Movie Ride I think I would make a few tweaks to it. I was watching a video on youtube of the ride 15 years ago and it was all the same. I know the ride is about classics but a little addition/modification would be interesting. I'm not big on changing attractions but it would be nice to see.

brownie
04-06-2009, 07:35 AM
Journey into your Imagination gets my vote, although I think it needs a retro-update.

kemps@wdw
04-06-2009, 11:51 PM
I actually wold love to see 2 refurbs! (Sorry). I would change The Jungle Cruise to reflect more of a "Jungle Book Cruise". :elephant::monkey: And would update the Speedway to something w/a "Cars" theme.:car:

LudwigVonDrake
04-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Carousel of Progress. But I would take it back to the 1964 World's Fair version because the last scene can't possibly be made up to date without it becoming outdated quickly.

TheRustyScupper
04-12-2009, 11:29 PM
I would remodel CoP.

1) I fully agree.
2) I love that ride.
3) We first saw it at the World's Fair.
4) It is the only MUST-RIDE for us at the parks.
5) It could use some maintenance and some updating.

SandmanGStefani24
04-13-2009, 12:20 AM
it's probably not there for me to update anymore, but I would have voted for Body Wars. I loved this ride! Epcot is educational without being boring, and this would fit in great today, especially with some updates in the character/host department, and some HD video clips. I always hoped this ride would come back, but it's probably gone for good. :(

Still, this would be a great time for a comeback!

dmosher
04-13-2009, 12:31 AM
These are all greta suggestions, keep them coming!
Personally I would like to see upgrades to -

Stiches great(?) Escape: As much as I hate to say it, Stitch isn't scary enough, maybe make him a big scary, nasty alien that runs rampant around the audience in the dark and scares everyone. Yeah I am certain people would like that.

enchanted(?) Tiki Room: As much as I like the birds from Aladdin and Lion King, no one watches those movies anymore. you know what would be cool though? If the other birds, the ones with the fun voices and great singers had the show all to themselves, with one long uninterrupted song and dance number.. yeah that'd be sweet.

Journey Into imagination(?): OK, I have to say it, I haven't liked Eric Idle since Monty Python and maybe a little in Casper, so I think we should get rid of him, sorry Eric. Hmm what else.. oh I know, more Figment. Come on, who doesn't love that little guy, wouldn't he look great as a spokesperson for the ride, especially on a t-shirt!!?? If we need another character to drive the ride make him oh I don't know, maybe a nice old scientist/inventor that shows us what imagination is all about. Maybe that would make things better.

:pipes:
D

dmosher
04-13-2009, 12:41 AM
No seriously...
I would like to see updates to -
Star Tours: Just a new movie, but only on their own no prequel nonsense please George.

Great Movie Ride: Just some new clips at least, though I would like to see a few new dioramas if possible.

Muppets 3D: Yes I know I will get flamed for that one, but is it just me or does everyone not like Waldo or Wally or whatever his name is. That little 3D bugger annoys me to no end. If we could just get rid of him and stick to the rest of the film, it would be perfect.

Tomorrowland Speedway: Yes I know it is an original, but I'd love to see it get the "off-road" treatment like it's cousin in DL.

BLY Space Ranger Spin: This one is tricky because I LOVE this ride. Really, I do! I just want the lasers to be removable, like their counterpart in DL. Seriously, that's all.

Space Mountain: I know, I know they are renovating this, but I would like to see the seats and track more similar (again) to DL. I just like the dynamics and smoothness of it better there.

El Rio Del Tiempo: I know this was just renovated not too long ago and no I don't think it should have to go back to the outdated version it was, but come on...
Get rid of the screens and cartoons and teach me about the beauty and splendor that is the Mexican culture. This ride use to be beautiful and lively and yes I'll say, " ROMANTIC". This was the ride you took your GF, or wife on and cuddled close. Those days are gone my friend, give me charm, give me splendor, give me romance, or else... it's Duck Season!
D

MickeyandTink
04-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Journey into your Imagination gets my vote, although I think it needs a retro-update.

Yeah, bring back Captain EO! :D

Seriously, though, Indy Speedway could use some serious updating. A Cars theme would be great, but even if it was changing the cars themselves to something a little more "green" (electric, hydro fuel cells, etc.) That would certainly give it a more "Tomorrowland" feel.
:car:

thejens
04-13-2009, 11:58 PM
some great ideas for Indy Speedway!
I hope they are careful with carousel of progress if they do renovate. It is like a time capsule. I wish they could add to it instead of keeping on changing the last scene. Guess that would be tricky (but didn't Walt always go for the hard way?) I agree that it would be nice for the Mexico ride to be more about Mexico. I wish they would have a new movie for Soarin every couple of years.

dmosher
04-14-2009, 04:43 AM
I wish they would have a new movie for Soarin every couple of years.

Good point. Is it wrong that I think Soarin' should be around the world instead of just about California? That would be a great update. It's in EPCOT. DW thinks it should be one long, continuous take, not jumping around.
D

kemps@wdw
04-14-2009, 01:16 PM
I have 2 actually. The Indy Speedway would be refurbed to something w/a "Cars" theme. Update cars to be the characters in the movie driving thru "Radiator Springs".
2nd would be the Jungle Cruise. Now, I know this is a classic, so please don't revoke my Intercot privileges for saying so,:D but I think an update to a "Jungle Book Cruise" would be fun. It should include all the characters and be set in the jungle "palace" of King Louie! I could probably come up w/a few more, bu those are my top 2.

4ubie1
04-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Carousel of Progress. But I would take it back to the 1964 World's Fair version because the last scene can't possibly be made up to date without it becoming outdated quickly.

This is an excellent point. If they returned it to its original state, they would only have to worry about maintenance. It can then be marketed as the ride Walt personally had his hands in. An "original" that us retro people would love!:thumbsup:

DisneyNut2005
04-29-2009, 10:29 PM
The Enchanded Tiki Room -Under New Management. We remembered the old one, enjoyed it and went years later with out kids. BIG disappointment. :down:

I disagree.

The new management must stay!!!

POTC needs a MAJOR overhaul. First, I'd get rid of that "Squid Guy" on the waterfall, and put in a talking skull and crossbones over the waterfall. Then I'd get rid of the music during the ship battle scene. That music is just horrid and rapes the ride of it's originality. I'd keep the first Captain Jack, the one that's hiding in the clothes, because he's not really that noticeable. Next, I'd switch it so that the men are chasing the women in circles, and have the pirate by the barrel be searching for his "mistress" while holding up a piece of her ripped clothing. And finally I'd have this amazing shoot out scene at the end, with a few soldiers tied up to chairs. Then the ride would be crazy cool.:thumbsup:

Can't agree with this either.

What you're really saying is that you want to change the ride back, which is also not going to happen EVER!

Often times, when things change, the company almost never goes back. Besides, it would go against Walt's "keep moving forward" wish, which too many purists already seem to want the company to abandon in favor of "keep going backwards".

MaxPower
04-30-2009, 11:01 PM
I think most people are surprised that there really is no drop to speak of on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - you go up a couple of different lifts, but then you never get a thrill of going down a drop from the top- just several different small drops and corkscrews. I'd add a drop.

Figment78
05-03-2009, 02:52 PM
this post is really cool. Actually, it's nice to see some constructive ideas instead of just lamenting how much they hate or dislike a current attraction.

I love the idea of updating the Star Tours film. This makes a ton of sense and is probably in the works, as long as there aren't any legal roadblocks.

I also think the idea of updating the speedway is really creative as well. Especially since it's in tomorrowland and there is so much focus about environmentality for the future.

And sadly, though we all agree that JIYI was better in the old days - I don't really want them to just return to the original. I don't have any cool ideas yet of what they could do with this whole pavillion (HISTA is also in need of an update), i would love to hear any ideas others have of transforming this pavillion into a real gem. After all Imagination is truly the heart of Disney success.

I do wish that they had a working animation studio at DHS again - that was by far my favorite part of visiting MGM back in the day. I still love it and do the tour at least once everytime, but it just feels like a ghost town without the actual people working there. Same with the Backlot tour.

People often mention the Indian Jones ride in DL replacing the stunt show in MGM, 'scuse me, DHS. I have been on the ride in DL and yes, it is cool. However, I love the stunt show and feel it fits better with my concept of DHS - a park that celebrates the "behind the scenes" magic and movies.

Great Movie ride does have classic film scenes in it that I wouldn't change, but i wish you could actually add to the ride. I always like seeing the updated movies in the montage at the end though.

Updating space mountain is already in the works. but I have to say I can't wait!!!

BluewaterBrad
05-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Bring back 20,000 Leagues and Mr Toads!!:mickey:

PrettyMinnie
05-03-2009, 05:52 PM

Agreed. Star Tours has the potential to be such a great ride and it would really balance out the other major rides in the parks. With the new technology, Star Tours would be a great rides. :thumbsup:

Lakin
05-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Winnie the Pooh. . .change it back to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

That Winnie the Pooh ride is just pitiful. Who's with me?

JabberJaws
05-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Hmmm probably either:

-GMR (just needs to be updated. Disney has enough movie-titles under it's belt that they could update it and make it much fun, thrilling and relevant to the younger generation!

or

-JIYI (I would bring back some of the old elements.)

PixieMagic
05-05-2009, 01:11 PM
I agree I agree! I miss the old journey into imagination...the "new" version creeps me out.... And honestly last time I went on GMR I had to fight to stay awake....it REALLY needs an update!!! And can someone tell me what's new/updated with Haunted Mansion????

cinderella crazy
05-05-2009, 01:44 PM
i would remodel the journey into imagination ride. Its outdated and just pitiful. I never saw the first one but I bet its 100 times better than the one they have now

:clappy: I couldn't agree more! Bring back the old ride!

GoBlueLacheta
05-05-2009, 06:39 PM
My my my with endless pockets and in a perfect world there would be so much to spruce up and update for the better.

Many of these have all ready been mentioned but just agreeing nonetheless

1. Tomorrowland Speedway/Cars

2. Indy Ride that is pretty much a rip off of the Mummy at Universal.

3. Redo Body Wars, WOL and bring back Cranium Command.

4. Do something constructive with the Innoventions Space that mixes with EPCOT. This could easily hold CoP, and dedicate space to all former WDW attractions keeping Horizons and World of Motion alive as well as keep some of the interactive exhibits and shows.

5. The Whole Journey into Imagination Pavilion, new ride, new 3-D movie, and recreate ImageWorks more toward its original form.

6. Soarin over Florida, The Beaches, Everglades, Disneyworld, Farms, The major cities, the Gulf etc.

7. 3rd Time is a Charm Redo Stitch and plug in a Monsters Inc. storyline.

8. Obviously Pooh's Wasteful Spot or whatever it is and Ariel's Ghetto. Could be an entire new section of Fantasyland such a major piece of real estate that needs to be put to better use. Hundreds of options really.

9. Tom Sawyer Island. I know it is a favorite of the Imagineers so just do something more with it so I want to go over there on my vacation. Put something similar to Mickey's BackYard BBQ on there for dinner and utilize the rustic ambiance and island location

10. New scenes for Mickey's Philharmagic incorporating music from different films.

11. In France a Ratatouille runaway river adventure through France before ending up in Paris at the restaurant.

And no more carnival type rides. They stay away from big coasters because they claim that there would have to be a story so please at least use the same logic when constructing things like Triceratops Spin and Aladdin.

:mickey::mickey: