PDA

View Full Version : Holy Blizzard, Batman!

Mousefever
03-26-2009, 03:06 PM
Finally Denver has been hit by a large snow storm! The roads are not easily drivable, and the worst of the storm hasn't hit us yet. We have between 10 inches and a foot in the backyard.

I'm not complaining, though. March is supposed to be the snowiest month here on the front range, but this is the first real moisture we've had in several weeks. The fire danger has been very high the last couple of months. We are grateful for the snow! :mickey:

Amy

teambricker04
03-26-2009, 04:18 PM
I LOVE IT!!!! Mostly because my two young DSs ask every single day to go sledding. When I say no, they ask if we can get the pool out. It isn't THAT warm! Literally last week I was pulling them on the sled in the backyard in the dirt (our grass is toast). Tomorrow we hope to be sledding!

We are near City Park in Denver and I don't think we have as much snow as you do. We'll be lucky to have 10 when all is said and done. Do you think will help??? My yard really hopes so!

I agree... couldn't this have happened in January?!?!?!

murphy1
03-26-2009, 06:38 PM
My cousin is in Castle Rock, his wife has been waiting for it!! Y'all can have all the snow! LOL

Tinkermom
03-26-2009, 08:06 PM
This storm is all over our newscasts here in Kansas City. Many are saying we too are going to get hit hard on Fri night/Saturday. Our trees are flowering, our grass is green and tulips are coming up, I cannot believe we are going to get snow!! My 14 year old DS is supposed to go on an all day mission trip into the city with the church youth orchestra on Saturday so I hope this ends up missing us! I am so done with winter and ready for SPRING! :flower:

Tick-Tock
03-26-2009, 09:17 PM
A couple of weeks ago when you folks back east were talking about snow, I posted and said we were in the 60s/70s, but we'd pay for it later. Well, it's payback time!

We just finished shoveling 12+ inches of wet spring snow off the driveway, and it's still coming down (but slowing down, luckily).

Lacy
03-26-2009, 11:42 PM
I kept saying that we were going to pay in March because we had such a dry and mild Jan & Feb. I almost thought I was wrong but sure enough here we have one of these great late March snows! I was reminded why I got an all wheel drive car on my drive home from work today. Not a lot of fun but we sure did need the moisture.

I hope it doesn't hit too hard for you KC folks!

jrkcr
03-26-2009, 11:44 PM
My father in law lives in Aurora. I just talked to him and encouraged him to stay at home,not get out there and shovel(he just had surgery a couple of weeks back) and not drive till the snow clears up. Luckily, he shops at Costco, so he is well stocked! :cart:

I got married in Denver, April 1991-and it snowed on our wedding! :snowball:

Everyone stay warm!

gueli
03-27-2009, 05:09 AM
Enjoy the snow.
Be safe. Stay warm.

:mickey:

Mousefever
03-27-2009, 10:51 AM
We fly out of DIA tomorrow for our trip to DW. I'm so thankful that the storm hit yesterday instead of tomorrow!

Amy

MNNHFLTX
03-27-2009, 11:06 AM
Amarillo is even supposed to get hit by this storm. Crazy weather!

crazypoohbear
03-27-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm hoping that MA gets at least one more BIG storm. My DH plows for the city and we need the money for our vacation!
:D
So Denver, send it our way please.
LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!!!
Now my Dsister will come along and curse me out!! :mickey:

TikiGoddess
03-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Glad to hear that the timing of the storm will not keep you from WDW!

At least at this time of year the snow melts quickly... we hit 60 degrees today (maybe even warmer) and it was GORGEOUS. Took the kids to the playground and enjoyed the blue skies.

Kathy

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-27-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm hoping that MA gets at least one more BIG storm. My DH plows for the city and we need the money for our vacation!
:D
So Denver, send it our way please.
LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!!!
Now my Dsister will come along and curse me out!! :mickey:

Here I am to curse you!! Unless you are going to come shovel/snowblow my driveway-we do NOT need any more snow!!
Please don't send it our way.

For those of you being snowed on, be safe.