PDA

View Full Version : Very Proud Marine Mom

azdisneymom
03-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Tuesday was one of the proudest days of my life. My son was home for several days leave following his graduation from Marine Boot Camp. Tuesday he had to report for combat training so I took him to the airport very early. He looked so good in his uniform and I noticed people watched him as he walked by. What really touched me was an elderly gentleman put down his bags and shook my son's hand. He told him thank you for his service to our country and to take care. There was a look on that man's face that I will never forget. They say civilians will never understand the bond among service people, I think they are right. Words cannot express how I felt. I went from he looks so young to I am so proud of him in a split second.

Well, thanks for listening. I am just a proud mom. Hey do you think I could get a copy of the airport security tape so I can watch it all over again? Just kidding.

Hull-onian
03-26-2009, 03:09 PM
You must be so very proud to know that your son will be protecting and defending our country. We are very blessed to have military families.:cloud9:

bucky at disney
03-26-2009, 03:43 PM
I just want to say thank you to you son and to all other service men and women.

marylynne95
03-26-2009, 04:20 PM
:ditto: I would also like to thank all the men and women who protect this great country! God Bless America!! :flag:

Boojum
03-26-2009, 04:21 PM
Don't you love that feeling of pride for your child, when it feels like your heart is just about to burst open with it??? I don't have a child in the military, but I so admire our military members. I also admire their families for raising children who want to serve our country in this way.

Kudos to you and your son! :number1:

Tink1
03-26-2009, 04:23 PM
There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING, as hot as a Marine in his dress blues. :laughing:

You have every right to be proud.

Nanc

Melanie
03-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Thank you to your son, and thank you for your sacrifice as a family! :flag:

There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING, as hot as a Marine in his dress blues. :laughing:

You've got that right, Nanci! Best service uniform, HANDS DOWN!!! And I'm not just saying that because I'm biased. ;)

NotaGeek
03-26-2009, 06:35 PM
Thanks to your son for making the decision to serve our county! :flag:

Thanks to you and your family for supporting his decision! :thumbsup:

barnaby
03-26-2009, 07:23 PM
You should be proud.
Thank your son, and thank you to your family.
God bless and keep him safe.

Tink1
03-26-2009, 07:47 PM
You've got that right, Nanci! Best service uniform, HANDS DOWN!!! And I'm not just saying that because I'm biased. ;)

:thumbsup: And then I married NAVY.

Not nearly as hot, but after 25 years he still looks good.

Nanc

mrsgaribaldi
03-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Thank you to your son and to you. As barnaby said, may God bless him and keep him safe.

murphy1
03-27-2009, 10:33 AM
:thumbsup: And then I married NAVY.

Not nearly as hot, but after 25 years he still looks good.

Nanc

LOL Nanc, Me, too! (We always quote lines from Officer and a Gentleman). My grandfather was so proud, he was army and so was my dad.

AZ mom, that is a wonderful story :) He is a hero. And I can just see and feel the pride you have through your post.

MNNHFLTX
03-27-2009, 10:57 AM
No wonder you are so proud--your son sounds like a wonderful person! Sending best wishes for the rest of his training and his military career. :flag:

ibrowse17
03-27-2009, 04:37 PM
I would like to thank your son for his service, and you for your support and pride for him. Thank you:thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
03-27-2009, 05:43 PM
I'd like to thank your son too for his service as well as all the men/women who are serving our country.:flag:

crazypoohbear
03-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Thank you to your son for volunteering his life for our safety. I'm sure it was the hardest thing for you to let him go. I'm so glad that you got to see that exchange between the man and your son. that is a moment in your life that will stay in your heat forever.

And being an army brat I do have to say that I told my kids if they ever felt the need to join the service it would have to be the marines because they do have the best uniforms.
The army has the best songs though!! :D

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-28-2009, 12:18 AM
Another Army brat here. Thanks to all branches of the military for keeping us safe.
I'm sure it wasn't easy to see him go but that was a very proud moment for you I'm sure.

deedeenmickey
04-05-2009, 10:18 AM
Thank you to you and your son!! I know what that is like at the airport. My husband came back from Afghanistan last year and people approached him at the airport thanking him for his serivce and I just cried like a dummy. I was just so touched and proud. It is a great feeling I know you are so proud of your son!

azdisneymom
04-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Thank you all for the kind words. I am so proud of all he has accomplished.

DeeDee-Please let your husband know this family appreciates his service, and of course your sacrifice. It must not have been easy while he was away. I am so glad he is home with you.

deedeenmickey
04-10-2009, 03:13 AM
Thank you I will tell him. He leaves for Iraq in June. Hopefully this is the last deployment. He already has 22 years in the National Guard but he loves it.

Cinderelley
04-10-2009, 10:49 AM
I know exactly what you mean. I just got to see DS this morning for the first time since he graduated from the Honor Guard boot camp. This was the first time I've seen him in street clothes since he left last September. Even without the uniform, he still carries himself differently - straight, tall & proud. I'm afraid our little boys have grown up :(. But they make excellent men :thumbsup:.

crazypoohbear
04-11-2009, 07:42 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I just got to see DS this morning for the first time since he graduated from the Honor Guard boot camp. This was the first time I've seen him in street clothes since he left last September. Even without the uniform, he still carries himself differently - straight, tall & proud. I'm afraid our little boys have grown up :(. But they make excellent men :thumbsup:.

That's great that you saw him, I ve been wondering how things are going?
Is he still in DC?

Cinderelley
04-13-2009, 01:56 AM
Yes, he's still stationed in DC. He'll be there for two years. Here's a pic of him with my DD. http://image66.webshots.com/766/1/88/8/2720188080100927225kNjjbE_fs.jpg

I've gotta head to work, but I'll send you a PM later so we can catch up.