PDA

View Full Version : Pirate & Princess Party?

mjaclyn
03-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Does anyone know what's going on with the Pirate & Princess Party? I've been searching online for info and I can't find anything for upcoming dates. Has Disney decided to stop hosting this event already? We were able to take DD once in Jan. 2008 and she absolutely loved it. I would be extremely disappointed if Disney decided not to have it anymore!

KylesMom
03-25-2009, 11:11 PM
Good to see you again!

In answer to your question, Disney posted the P&PP schedule for 2009 several months back, and then promptly cancelled all upcoming events. With the cutbacks going on (hours, Fantasmic, etc) I'd be surprised if it returns in the near future.

TheRustyScupper
03-26-2009, 08:21 AM
The P&P's are canceled for 2009
. . . they did not meet planned attendance last year
. . . there were very few advance tickets sold this year
. . . with a weak economy. anticipated sales were tiny

Chandlerella
03-26-2009, 08:27 AM
I went last year in the middle of april and there were soo few people there. Of course it was nice for us, but not for Disney. There were no waits on ANY rides. Not one.

Diz-Knee
03-26-2009, 08:49 AM
I am pretty bummed. They orignally had one scheduled for the week we are going to be there in May - I got my son a pirate costume and everything, and shortly after it got cancelled. I'm still going to let him dress like a pirate one day though!

TheVBs
03-26-2009, 09:01 AM
I asked about it again when I called last week to change some ADRs and the CM I spoke to said there were still no dates planned and it was unlikely that would change. :( We were really hoping to give it a try.

Giggy
03-26-2009, 09:28 AM
I am pretty bummed. They orignally had one scheduled for the week we are going to be there in May - I got my son a pirate costume and everything, and shortly after it got cancelled. I'm still going to let him dress like a pirate one day though!

I guess he would look the part on Pirates of the Carribean. Also would go down well at Captain Jack Sparrow's Pirate Tutorial, though I have never seen this.

mjaclyn
03-26-2009, 11:59 AM
I am SO disappointed...I really hope Disney decides to revisit this event in the future once the economy gets better. We're planning a trip for 2010 and DD will be about 4 when we go - the perfect age to enjoy it!! I'm sure she'll still dress up in her princess dresses but it was just really nice to have a special event specifically for everyone to dress up and attend different things for Pirates and Princesses...even the mommies like me! LOL

Diz-Knee
03-26-2009, 12:02 PM
I guess he would look the part on Pirates of the Carribean. Also would go down well at Captain Jack Sparrow's Pirate Tutorial, though I have never seen this.

Yeah, I figured if girls can dress up like princesses and go to the parks my 3 year old son can dress up like a pirate party or not party. :mickey: