PDA

View Full Version : Limitations or additional charges at DDP restaurants?

TwinniesNMeLoveWDW
03-25-2009, 07:59 PM
For the first time, I decided to do the dining plan for our upcoming trip this July. I'll be taking a "girls road trip" with my daughters and my mother, and we looked at this as an opportunity to try new TS restaurants that we usually skip because we don't want to spend too much $$. Well, I want to take full advantage of the plan and go to the nicest places possible (although not interested in signature restaurants), but my mother swears she read somewhere that the nicer places may charge extra for certain menu items or leave pricier items unavailable with the DDP. Can anyone give me any info on this? Thanks!

medic9016
03-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Welcome to Intercot.

There is not a separate menu for dining plan or out of pocket. So item are not added or deleted because you are on DDP. You would have to pay for any appetizers or extras.

ldc12377
03-25-2009, 10:40 PM
We have used the dining plan three times and have never had a problem with items being excluded. My brother will actually just look down the price side of the menu and order whatever is most expensive no matter what it is. He isn''t a very picky eater and says that it is nice to not have to worry about the bill at the end of a meal and just enjoy the food. At some place, you may even be able to get things that you wouldn't expect (for example, at Sci-Fi and Whispering Canyon we could get milkshakes as our drink).

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-25-2009, 10:41 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!

99% of items are the menu are OK for the DDP. There is the odd thing (like adding a lobster tail to a meal at a steak/seafood place) that isn't included, but I don't think I've ever had a problem.

That is one of the great things about the DDP, you've pre-paid, so you can just enjoy and order what you want off the menu.

Have a great trip! :yay:

TheRustyScupper
03-26-2009, 07:52 AM
Tokyo Dining does have DDP restrictions.

Mickey91
03-26-2009, 08:25 AM
The only caution I can give you is if your girls are 9 or younger they HAVE to order off the kids menu. It can be a bit boring and doesn't always change from place to place.

Also, remember you are paying the tip. At 15% - 20%, it can add up quite nicely and isn't just loose change on a $200.00 meal. I guess what I am saying is just make sure you keep that in mind when budgeting. A few days like that can take a large chunk out of your extra cash.:spend: