PDA

View Full Version : Does Cancelled Room Reservation = All ADRs Cancelled?

MidnTPK
03-25-2009, 04:50 PM
If you cancel your room reservation, are ADRs associated with that reservation cancelled as well?

To clarify: my in-laws have a room-only (BWI) reservation that we might not need (depending on if I earn enough Starwood points to book another free room at the Swan for my fall trip). I was thinking that we'd make our ADRs under my in-laws room reservation so that we can book all of our ADRs at 90 days out from the first day of the trip.

But if ADRs would be cancelled along with the room cancellation, would it be better if we just booked independent ADRs 90 days out from each day of the trip?

Or can Swan guests book all of their ADRs 90 days out from our check-in date? I thought that's one of a few downsides to staying at the Swan & Dolphin...which is why I have this question

Thanks!

Chandlerella
03-25-2009, 05:07 PM
They didn't with the old system.

Tink1
03-25-2009, 05:23 PM
With the new system in place, all ADR's are tied to the reservation-literally.

Disney has not given us a definite answer on this question. So at this point, I would rather be safe than sorry and not tie it to a reservation that may be cancelled

Nanc

antnyh
03-25-2009, 11:01 PM
I know for a fact that the old system didn't. Just simply ask. They should know. Actually there were several times I made ressies w/o confirmation number or credit card number.

:thumbsup:

Tinkermom
03-25-2009, 11:33 PM
With the new system in place, all ADR's are tied to the reservation-literally.

Disney has not given us a definite answer on this question. So at this point, I would rather be safe than sorry and not tie it to a reservation that may be cancelled

Nanc

So if you cancel a current Disney resort stay and decide to stay off-site you could lose any ADR's you have made?

Another question...
We are staying at AKLV in July for 5 nights but then moving off-site for 2 nights. Can I make my ADR's at 90 days out and include those 2 nights off-site?

Tink1
03-25-2009, 11:39 PM
I know for a fact that the old system didn't. Just simply ask. They should know. Actually there were several times I made ressies w/o confirmation number or credit card number.

:thumbsup:

Correct, the OLD system did not cancel them.

As I said, with the NEW system they have not given us a definite answer as to what happens if the resort portion is cancelled (such as staying offsite) This system is still quite funky. Trying to book some restaurants and some childcare clubs next near to impossible. They are still working the bugs out of it.

Nanc

KylesMom
03-25-2009, 11:55 PM
Wow. A CM on March 15th let us book ressies for 90+10 when our first package ends after 7 nights. I guess I'd better check the reservations to ensure that they actually "stuck", because they couldn't be tied to the reservation number I gave if we're not under that reservation number after the first 7 . . . .

Although we'll be staying on site under a continuous reservation number for the second 7 nights of our stay, I wonder what I'll find tomorrow?!

Tink1
03-26-2009, 07:43 AM
If it is coded as a continuing res, the system retrieves both when one is pulled up. It should be fine

Nanc

KylesMom
03-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks, Nanc! :mickey: