PDA

View Full Version : What would/do you pack differently?

tdk316
03-25-2009, 12:55 PM
We're renting DVC points this December and are wondering what would/do you pack differently than when you stay at a non-DVC resort? We'll be flying, but shipping a box of baby items (diapers, wipes, etc.) to the resort prior to our arrival.

As an aside, I'm also wondering about grocery services - am I eligible to use the DVC service? Again, we're renting points and are not members. If not, I've read about several services but would like a recommendation of one you've used (please do not send me a link to the information located at Info Central).

Thanks!! :mickey:

Seasonscraps
03-25-2009, 01:30 PM
If I am renting a one bedroom, I bring less clothes since I can easily do a load of laundry in the room. Otherwise, I don't bring anything special.

We do a grocery stop on the way in from the airport to pick up snacks, beverages, some toiletries, etc. So I am not too familar with the delivery options.

sassafras
03-25-2009, 02:06 PM
If you're renting a car, you have a greater selection of grocery items (plus probably cheaper) if you stop at a store like Publix on the way to the resort. I know bottled water is definitely cheaper there! Otherwise, there are the gift type shops at the resorts that always have a small area with grocery items (cereals, bread, refrigerated items) where you can get things.

VWL Mom
03-26-2009, 12:20 PM
We use Garden Grocer and have been very satisfied with their service. They do charge a delivery fee ($12.50?) but we make it up on the savings on water and beer.

tdk316
03-26-2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks! We're not renting a car and are planning on using Magical Express to get to the resort.

Stupid question maybe, but I'm assuming that dishwasher detergent is available in the room? I'm planning on bringing some laundry detergent due to allergies, but I was hoping to not have to bring that too!

Probably should mention that we're renting a one-bedroom so we'll have the washer/dryer and bigger kitchen.

Thanks again!

hlkeck
03-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Yes, we had dish soap in our one bedroom. And sponges, I believe.

Tinkermom
03-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Yes, you will have dishwasher detergent as well as dish soap.

We usually pack a duffle bag with dry goods like cereal, pop-tarts, microwave popcorn, coffee, sugar, salt & pepper, crackers and other snack foods, etc. We usually just eat breakfast and late night snacks in the room so when we get to the resort we just head to the gift shop and get milk, fresh fruit and juice and maybe the occasional frozen pizza.

In the past before Magical Express we would use a limo service from the airport and make a grocery stop. We found though that we ended up wasting so much food because there was never enough time to eat it all. Since ME started we have found that by packing the dry goods and getting some minimal items at the gift shop that this works great for us.

tdk316
03-27-2009, 05:59 AM
Thanks, Lisa, that is what we were thinking about doing.

Tinkermom
03-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Have a great trip!:mickey: