PDA

View Full Version : Disney World Documentary

Physcayt
03-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Hello folks. I own this video (http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-Treasures-Disneyland-Collectors/dp/B000VE4UCE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1237994189&sr=1-2) and really enjoyed it.

I am looking for similar videos about Disney world. Does anybody know of one? Can anyone make some recommendations of good documentaries about the Disney World Theme parks?

Thanks so much!

23 days!

ibrowse17
03-25-2009, 11:31 AM
I really enjoy that type stuff about Disney also! I know the History Channel has their Modern Marvels show about the design, building and growth of WDW. While I have not done so, you could check to see if they sell those. If so, it might be worth it to you.:thumbsup:

jcvalenti
03-25-2009, 12:13 PM
The History Channel special on WDW was great: http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Marvels-Disney-History-Channel/dp/B000CS461O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1237997470&sr=1-1

I don't know if it's available on DVD, but the Travel Channel has done a bunch of specials on Disney World over the years, though more focusing on the attractions and how to plan a trip there than the actual history of the park.

I don't know if those specials are available on DVD, but they are constantly replaying, so you can usually search your cable guide and find at least one of them replaying during a month (and more frequently at the beginning of "vacation season").

EJS-Houston
03-25-2009, 12:16 PM
I'll add my voice to those above regarding the History Channel's Modern Marvels. I can't recommend it highly enough! I got a copy for Christmas and have watched it enrapt several times. It goes into the engineering involved in creating WDW and many of its greatest attractions, but it does so in layman's terms and is just riveting.

javamama
03-25-2009, 04:02 PM
I just the caught the History Channels last week again, it's a great show:thumbsup: Dh and I were getting ready for our return to Chicago from Tunica, and I was was doing my hair around 8am Thursday am and saw it/heard it. We love it. The Travel Channel's are good as well, I'm not a huge fan of Sammatha Brown though:ack: so that one isn't my fav. My kids love watch all them, the scream with excitement:mickey:

comicguy
03-25-2009, 04:05 PM
The Modern Marvels: Walt Disney World is very good. I bought mine from half.com for about 10 bucks. I use it to test for listening comprehension in my ELA classes:mickey:

I never get tired of seeing it.

Stu29573
03-25-2009, 04:14 PM
I have both the Disneyland and History Channel Videos. Both are great, but I prefer the Disneyland one. Unfortunately, I doubt there will be a Disney Treasures Disney World video since they seem to be based more on the time when Walt was still with us (much of the footage is from the Disneyland TV show). Still, I hope I'm wrong!:mickey:

JPL
03-25-2009, 10:18 PM
Actually there are lots of specials and films they can release in a WDW set. Just for starters how about the opening specials for each park . Then there are someother specials for anniversaries and holidays. Not to mention the special promotional films like Project Florida and Follow Us to WDW.

Imagineer1981
03-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Being an Imagineer wanna-be (one day I hope), these videos are absolutely the best!!!!

brownie
03-26-2009, 10:03 PM
In addition to the Travel Channel specials, there is Imagineering the Magic (about the Disneyland resort.)