PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Dinner

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
03-24-2009, 04:09 PM
My husband and I are thinking of a Christmas trip next year and we have some idea's but I wanted to get some people's suggestions on where to eat for Christmas dinner.

Just so you know what we are kind of looking for.......we are a mid-twenties couple that enjoys the world and has been there together 3 times before. I would go for a nice enjoyable meal and my husband is much more flexible (would eat a buger for all meals if he could, but is always willing to try new things). I'm thinking a sit down meal but am not tied to that if people have GREAT suggestions.

We would love to hear them!

Aggie97
03-24-2009, 10:20 PM
My husband and I spent Christmas at WDW in 2006. On Christmas day, we had dinner at 'Ohana. It was fun and festive, and we were surrounded by happy families celebrating the holiday. We chose 'Ohana for Christmas day because 1) it's one of our favorite WDW restaurants, 2) we wanted something casual so that we could head right over to the MK for fireworks and extra-late EMHs, and 3) we were staying at the Polynesian, so it was very convenient. If you are looking for something a little more "special," you might consider CA Grill or Narcoossee's, which we've always loved. For a more traditional Christmas dinner menu-wise, perhaps consider LTT at the MK? Whatever you choose, have a great time! :mickey:

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
04-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Thank you for the suggestions.

We have never tried 'Ohana's because we tend to save resturants until we stay at the hotel (it is our goal in our lifetime to stay at all of the hotels, 3 down 15 more to go). But defaintely worth thinking about.

But we have eaten at Cali Grill on our honeymoon and I absolutely love it!

I believe LTT traven is closed now.

Would love to hear more suggestions!

Aggie97
04-01-2009, 09:21 PM
I believe LTT traven is closed now.

LTT is still open, but it no longer offers character dining. :mickey:

Dulcee
04-01-2009, 09:32 PM
While I've never done Christmas in Disney my choice would be World Showcase. Christmas would be a pretty big holiday in England, France, Norway, and Germany so I"d choose one of those. Not only are they all fun dining experinces I'd find the conversations with castmembers from different countries interesting as they'd probably be willing to talk about their own traditions and such.

mrsgaribaldi
04-02-2009, 03:11 AM
We love Rose & Crown so you might want to try that. It's our only ADR in May:thumbsup:

Jeff
04-02-2009, 08:46 AM
We have been on Christmas Day the last several years and have done a World Showcase restaurant. We have actually combined dinner with a Candle Light Processional package and it makes for a very nice Christmas Day tradition. Get your ADR's the day they become available.

It makes for a nice break from the Christmas crowds as well. Take your time eating, get a appetizer, and sit for a bit.

javamama
04-04-2009, 03:32 PM
I'd go with something that's your favorite ethnic foods. I'm Italian so Italy would be my Christmas dinner, we eat Italian food for Xmas at home so we'd do that if we were going. So it would be a little taste of home, even though we'd be away. My dh may throw a wrench in it and want steak though so we may have to bargin:D

eam
04-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Citricos, at the Grand Floridian; amazing food, elegant decor, classy service. if you have an early resevation after you finish dinner you can take the boat or monorail to the Kingdom for the fireworks or if you have a later resevation you can watch the fireworks from your table. Can't recomend any entrees as they constantly change the menu, but save room for the Lemon Cheesecake.

Pally
04-06-2009, 08:51 PM
In 2006 we ate at Liberty Tree Tavern before MVMC. It was the worst meal we ever had. Terrible service also. I would not recommend. CP usually has a nice selection and pretty good service. Xmas day 2006 rained like the dickens for most of the day the rest of our stay weather wise was great. Unusualy warm that year.:mickey:

SingingLights
04-07-2009, 10:35 PM
In 2004, we had a 7:30pm (I think) Christmas Dinner at the California Grill and watched the firework at the MK (at 8:00pm). What ever the time was, the reservation was 30 minutes before the fireworks began and we just rode the monirail to the Contemp. I was very nice and the food was good too. Have a great time.