PDA

View Full Version : Heckling the DHS street actors?

GrumpyFan
03-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Do you, or have you seen others heckling or cutting up with the DHS street actors?

I have on occasion cut up with them, that is when they reciprocate. Once I was standing on the side of the street waiting for DW to come out of a store when one of the "fancy" ladys walks by and blows me a kiss. Loudly, I shouted, "Lady, will you quit following me, I'm a married man." She responded in character, sassy and a little pouty like, "Lucky girl!"

Another time, DW went up to the patrolman and said she wanted to make a complaint about me. He responded, "Look lady, what makes you think I can do anything with him, when you can't", and stormed off.

Sometimes I'll do catcalls at the ladys too, which they usually respond with a wink and the blow of a kiss.

It's lots of fun, and I've been able to get some really good pictures in doing so also.

Altair
03-24-2009, 08:17 PM
We had Officer WIlliam Club all to ourselves for about five minutes earlier this year. We had the chance to ask about all the things he had hanging from his belt, such as the ruler to see if the criminals measured up. When I pointed out the emergency donut in the box he was quick to say it was a "power ring".
Later, he was yelling to another about going down to the Donut Den later. I quickly said "Don't you mean the Power Ring Den?" The look he gave me was priceless.:mickey:

Here's Officer Club with the Emergency Power Ring holder:http://inlinethumb62.webshots.com/41533/2096882260053696626S600x600Q85.jpg
The looks on the people's faces in the background are wonderful.

The Queen of Hearts is very fun to heckle. I was punched in the arm twice by her.

spoiledraf
03-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Billy Club! cute!

GhostHost999
03-24-2009, 11:03 PM
One time when I was a kid they had an actor portraying a sam spade sort of detective character. He draws a stick figure on a piece of paper and asks if any of us have seen this guy. So I pipe up with "That's Fingers Fanucci...he runs a protection racket on the west side docks." so the detective says "wait, aren't we land locked?" so I said, "well now we know why you haven't found him yet." Everyone had a good laugh. Great stuff.

GrumpyFan
04-01-2009, 05:50 PM
:bug:Bump...

jrpersinger
04-02-2009, 07:07 AM
My mom and stepdad apparently attracted them on our last visit. They had two very funny encounters. First was at MK. We were sitting outside Caseys eating and this lady walked up to us....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/jrpersinger/IMG017.jpg

She sit down with us for a good 15 minutes and tried to convince my stepdad to leave my mom and come with her. It was so funny. She made fun of my moms hair. Cause my mom had almost exactly the same hair style as her. In that picture, she was telling my mom she better hold onto such a hot man. She then moved onto my DH. He had on a funny shirt and she tried to get DH to give it to her. But the entire time she was with us, she would be talking about one thing, then the next she would act completely confused. And always asking what time it was. It was LOL funny.

Then in MGM, the lady with dark brown hair and we have always seen her in a camel colored skirt suit came up to the my stepdad and started messing with him. He turned around and asked her how to get a job at Disney because he had never been hit on so much in his life! LOL

Mousemates
04-02-2009, 08:32 AM
We once had a chance exchange with ?Babes Fabulous? (I think that was her name) a hollywood starlet on Sunset Blvd. she was being playfully flirtatious and made (my then preteen) son's day.

brdavis
04-02-2009, 11:57 AM
We went to eat at a the character meal in the Grand Floridian, and it turns out they had switched some characters: the fairy godmother and the evil stepsisters were there. The sisters were playing it to the hilt, trying to grab men to dance with, talking loud and obnoxious... but when they got to our table they almost lost it. My then 2 or 3 year old nephew LOVED them. Both sisters. He wanted to snuggle, and kiss them, etc. Both of them gave him big (huge-red-lipstick-leaving) kisses, and kept coming back to our table out of rotation whenever they could. I'd love to say this was cast members in character, but I also got the feeling that it was nice for two people (who's characters might not always be the most popular) to "soak up the love". Our whole end of the dining room was loving it.

--
Brian Davis

egospotter
04-09-2009, 10:27 PM
On our honeymoon my husband was bantering with the mounted (on a stick pony) policeman and ended up getting a $25 ticket for being a "General Pain in the Butt" :rotfl:

The best time to interact with the streetmosphere characters is while waiting for the parade on Hollywood Blvd.

morebroccoli
04-10-2009, 12:50 AM
last time we went we couldnt even get a chance to heckle them. we were walking targets! my husband and i are covered in extremely bright colorful tattoos and they were always shouting "hey sailor!" to him and stuff like " is that magic marker, lady?" to me. it was mainly the guy riding the white car with the white suit and hat and all the rings! ( i dont know who he is but he was funny with the two sidekicks wanting to go to hollywood i think??) im going in a turtleneck next time.