PDA

View Full Version : What are you grateful for in the parks?

TheVBs
03-24-2009, 12:42 PM
I thought it would be fun to have some discussion about the things everyone is grateful for while they're in the parks! The first thing that I thought of was how happy the girls are when they're sitting by Main St. eating their Mickey ice creams.

I'm also grateful for the CM who ran up almost instantly with band-aids when my youngest skinned her knee last time we were there.

And the guest from Scotland who talked to our daughters for nearly the whole bus ride to TL just because they were enchanted by her accent.

The fact that we get to the resort and don't have to think of a thing outside Disney. :mickey:

And I can't forget the CMs who held the dance party every night by our pool - especially the particularly nimble one who not only performed an amazing acrobatic move when my youngest unexpectedly got under his feet, but smiled about it! :mickey:

What are you grateful for?

grumpyguy
03-24-2009, 12:44 PM
a good bench!!:thumbsup:

Daisy'sMom
03-24-2009, 12:49 PM
I am grateful for all the memories that we have now as a family. The cast members that made little things so special for us. I remember one time when my oldest (he is 25 now) was about three and we went to Magic Kingdom. He wanted an ice cream cone all day and when we finally got one, he saw a cast member standing in the street selling balloons. He went up and asked him if he wanted some of his cone because it was very hot out and he must be tired from holding all those balloons. When he turned around, his cone fell and he was crushed. The man reached down, patted his head and handed him a balloon. Of course DH went right over and paid for it, but it was offered freely.
Everytime we have gone, whether for a day or a week, it is always special. Someone makes us smile. :mickey:

DisneyPrincess21
03-24-2009, 12:50 PM
I am always grateful to just be at Disney World again, My favorite place in the whole world! :cloud9: :mickey:

KAJUNKING
03-24-2009, 12:56 PM
i am grateful for all the wonderful cast members who make our trips special :mickey:

cer
03-24-2009, 01:02 PM
The cast members...

I am not sure WDW would have the magic without them....

Lisaj13
03-24-2009, 01:05 PM
When I'm in the parks I'm grateful for many things, but my top three . . .

First, that I'm there with my two daughters, who are healthy, happy kids (now 16 and 12).

Second, that we can't go very often. With my poor memory (or forgettery as my kids say) everything's always new to me. And having to wait and save up makes the trips even more precious to us. Although a little voice inside my head says we could still be grateful if we could afford to go more often!!

Third, a good bench. And if I'm eating a Dole Whip while sitting there, what could be better?

mrsgaribaldi
03-24-2009, 01:08 PM
I am grateful for all the memories that we have now as a family. The cast members that made little things so special for us. I remember one time when my oldest (he is 25 now) was about three and we went to Magic Kingdom. He wanted an ice cream cone all day and when we finally got one, he saw a cast member standing in the street selling balloons. He went up and asked him if he wanted some of his cone because it was very hot out and he must be tired from holding all those balloons. When he turned around, his cone fell and he was crushed. The man reached down, patted his head and handed him a balloon. Of course DH went right over and paid for it, but it was offered freely.
Everytime we have gone, whether for a day or a week, it is always special. Someone makes us smile. :mickey:

How adorable that was!!!!

Boojum
03-24-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm grateful for the detail in the parks.

I love it that, no matter which direction I look, I can tell someone put thought and effort into architectural design, landscaping, theme-ing, paint colors, etc.

One reason I love Disney so completely is that it's a totally immersive experience for me--I can put the "outside world" aside for awhile. Once you're there, you're totally surrounded by the atmosphere. You won't have your senses jarred by seeing a tacky old metal trash can, or a dead tree, or a "keep off the grass" sign. All this, in my opinion, is because of attention to detail.

TheVBs
03-24-2009, 01:37 PM
So many great posts! I love reading them! :mickey:

A good bench is also on my list. :cool:

4ubie1
03-24-2009, 01:42 PM
I am grateful for the little details that make WDW unique and special. I love the theme music that is played anywhere you go. I am grateful for the benches placed everywhere..especially those that are out of the way so you can enjoy a quiet moment. :cloud9: And I am just plain grateful for WDW being made. It is my favorite place and I have alot of happy memories from there that I would not give up for anything!:thumbsup:

ASweetLov
03-24-2009, 01:45 PM
I am greatful for the wonderful memories

for entering a world of magic and forgetting about the bad things in the world for as long as my stay

For being able to be a kid again

ibrowse17
03-24-2009, 01:48 PM
The memories that shed away the worries:thumbsup:

Hayden's Dad
03-24-2009, 01:48 PM
BABY CARE CENTERS!! Once we discovered these hidden wonders it made everything so much easier.

The characters, that is what makes our trips special!

The memories.

DakandZakMom
03-24-2009, 01:50 PM
I am just grateful that it is there. It is where me and my DS's have our best family memories from. :cloud9:

It is also one of the only places in the world where my one DS does not have to worry about people staring at him or making fun of him due to the disability he has.

It is the best place on earth!!:thumbsup:

wdwfansince75
03-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Reminders of trips past.....The sights, smells, and sounds that trigger memories of other times, and the wonderful people who shared those trips....and Dole Whips....and Butter Pecan cones....and PoTC....And the things that never change....and the things that do....And the wonderful man who started it all....by simply drawing a mouse......

Imagineer1981
03-24-2009, 02:52 PM
The cast members...

I am not sure WDW would have the magic without them....

I agree. If you compare Disney's CMs with other theme park employees, there is no comparison. Even on a CM's worst day, they are above other companies best days

GrumpyFan
03-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Courteous and friendly castmembers. They are the ones responsible for making everything so magical.

javamama
03-24-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm grateful that I have parents that are generous to treat us to a wonderful vacation every year, that allows us to make such great memories together as a family. I hope I can continue the tradition on with my children, and grandchildren also in the future.

rubato
03-24-2009, 03:39 PM
I also have to say the cast members.

But, I also like that from the beginning to the end of my trips, I have never been treated better than at WDW. I've been to Europe twice, on 5 cruises, countless land vacations with all levels of quality, but nothing is as good as Disney. Every single employee goes out of their way to make our time special. Whether we're staying in luxury accomodations or camping, we're treated the same way! :thumbsup:

zebradome17
03-24-2009, 04:07 PM
I am grateful for just being in the Happiest Place On Earth.

c&d
03-24-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm grateful for every CM who has a smile on their face and wished us a "magical day."

I'm grateful for all the wonderful memories we have.

I'm grateful that having been lucky enough to go many times that we can now really relax at WDW.

ryobi88
03-24-2009, 04:38 PM
i`am grateful that i have a job that allows me to do this when i want to. after that i grateful for the memories that i have in all the parks, and this trip i will be celebrating my 25 th wedding anniversary so i will say i am very grateful that my wife has put up with me all these years :secret:and the fact that i was able to take both of my sons to wdw a few times and they are now disney lovers also:) and yes a good bench too

kbean
03-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Anything Free?????

MistressGracey999
03-24-2009, 05:01 PM
GREAT topic for a thread!:thumbsup:

I'm grateful to all the hardworking Cast Members who over the years have made our vacations more magical!

I'm grateful that we are even able to go. I know alot of families who don't have the $$ to make the trip; we were one of them in our earlier days.

When we're at the resort, and DH and I are sitting by the pool watching our boys swim and have a blast, I feel like the luckiest person on earth. I'm grateful to have sampled that feeling in my life.

I'm grateful to Mr. Walter Elias Disney for having a vision of something better for families to enjoy than what was currently available, and then having the courage to make it a reality.

THANKS WALT, FOR EVERYTHING!:thanks:

Friend of Figment
03-24-2009, 06:02 PM
the bakery smell on Main St.
being away from the real world
the quiet way cast members make sure everyone can have fun despite physical challenges, food allergies or whatever

Zawadi
03-24-2009, 06:02 PM
A shady spot to hide from the hot Florida midday sun!

cmshelton1979
03-24-2009, 07:44 PM
I am going to use a generic response and say everything!

Disneypixie513
03-24-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm grateful for...
--Walt Disney..For having a vision :number1:

--The feeling of being in another world, not having to worry about anything, except what ride you're going to ride next.

--The yummy food.

--Being able to be a 'kid' and not having people giving you odd looks when you have mouse ears sticking out of your head. :mickey:

--Just the memories and the magical feeling.

motherof4
03-24-2009, 09:07 PM
I am grateful for all the attractions that make me feel like a child again and I think sometimes I am more excited about disney than my children

GhostHost999
03-24-2009, 11:04 PM
the looks on people's faces when they experience the place for the first time. Nothing beats that.

TheVBs
03-25-2009, 07:22 AM
You guys have me even more excited about our trip now! I can already smell the bakery on Main St.

One more thing I'm grateful for: people like you who are just as grateful and excited to be there as my family is. Looking around and smiling at other guests and having them smile back, because we're just happy to be there!

Princess'Mom
03-25-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm grateful for many things. I'm grateful that DH, who isn't a fan of WDW, is a good sport about the trip and doesn't complain about waiting for us while we ride Splash Mountain over and over again.

I'm also grateful for that "rememberance" feeling of being a child, yet I'm walking along with my own child. (Kind of like that commercial!)

I'm also grateful for my DD, who is my ride buddy! She learned her love of rollercoasters at the age of 4 on Goofy's Barnstormer!

Insanity Clause
03-25-2009, 10:07 AM
I am grateful to be at the parks with my husband and kids. Things are busy and hectic on a normal basis and to able to take a moment to slow down and enjoy each other...that is what I am grateful for.

TikiLounger
03-25-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm grateful for the times we had (and will continue to have) with our kids in the parks. Nothing beats seeing the same looks of wonder and excitement on my 18yr old son and 17 yrs of daughter's faces when they finally step off the monorail, boat, or bus and it really sinks in that they're back! I love how my son still has to stop by the Frontierland Shootin' Arcade and my daughter can't miss a ride on Splash Mountain. :mickey:

cgriff
03-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Anything Free?????

Like the free customized park maps... And you don't even have to pay admissions to get them!

Luv Eeyore
03-25-2009, 11:40 AM
I am grateful for the magic that truly fills WDW.

AdventurerKim
03-25-2009, 12:34 PM
I am grateful that I can go to WDW whenever possible and escape the dolldrums of reality for a week.

DisneyWithoutTheSpin
03-25-2009, 12:55 PM
We also appreciate the detail in the parks, resorts, attractions, etc. There's always something new to see that you missed last time. We also appreciate the CMs and all they do to make your vacation special. The start of Illuminations has always been special to us. The combination of the music, torches, lasers and fireworks is quite moving. It's a great way to kickoff a Disney vacation.

AmandaChan
03-25-2009, 03:22 PM
plenty of clean restrooms

SandmanGStefani24
03-26-2009, 12:29 AM
two things really,
the first is the feeling that the rest of the world is "on hold" until you leave. you can enjoy yourself and forget everything for a little while. it's almost as if nothing can touch you.

the second are the CM;s in the world showcase. they are out of this world and make you see a bit of their world even if you cant go there in person. i am grateful beyond words for them!:number1:

Charlee
03-26-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm grateful for the Cast Members, the unsung heroes who clean, who paint, who maintain each attraction and who make every little detail perfect. Also those CM's who smile, who greet us, who interact with us, joke with us and try their hardest to put a smile on everyone's faces!
I'm also greatful for the music, the smells, the many snack and water carts around.
I'm mostly grateful that I can go. So many people are struggling at the moment and its so great to know that I can afford to go to the magic!