PDA

View Full Version : need a place to eat the first night

brer frog
03-24-2009, 08:10 AM
My friend and I are flying in next Thursday staying at Pop, and want to have a good meal, but don't have tickets into the park until the next day. Where is a good place for a decent meal, after flying all afternoon? :eat:

Thanks

mouseketeer mom
03-24-2009, 08:40 AM
Downtown Disney!
Wolfgang Puck cafe has amazing food, you can sit outside if you like. They have tables on the side of the cafe.
Raglan Road...you can even get a reservation from their own website..no need to go thru Disney.
Just some ideas, but Downtown Disney is a great place to kick off your trip when you don't want to use a park ticket.
Another option is Kona cafe at the Poly. The food is really good, and then you can explore the Poly and watch Wishes from the beach.

sassy2000
03-24-2009, 08:40 AM
Boma in AKL, Ohana in Poly, or Whispering Canyon in WL are all very good. :mickey:

Tinksalot
03-24-2009, 08:49 AM
I would have to agree with mouseketeermom! We always start our vacation with dinner at Downtown Disney. We will be there Friday and eating at T-Rex. Can't wait!!! :eat:

SBETigg
03-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Raglan Road and Boma are two good choices.

Hayden's Dad
03-24-2009, 09:28 AM
I have to say T-Rex, that is starting to be a first night meal for us tradition. :mickey:

scootch713
03-24-2009, 09:31 AM
Doesnt' sound like you have kids tagging along, but we always go to Chef Mickeys for dinner. We love the prime rib on their buffet and it is just fun riding the monorail and maybe stopping at Poly and GF for a bit afterwards. Being by the MK makes it really feel like you are in Disney.

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
03-24-2009, 02:54 PM
I would have to agree with the Boma choice! That is where my husband and I ate for our first meal of our honeymoon and there is no one hungier that people that just got married because even with all that great food at your reception, you don't eat.

I was a little easier for us because we were staying at AKL but I would def. recommend, the food it a little different but very good! :number1:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
03-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Another vote for DTD and Wolfgang Puck Cafe! First night we always need great food with no need to commit to a set ADR time. Flexible with great menu options for all ages and delicious. Then we cruise aroung the shops to set the mood for the first day of park hopping!

Hull-onian
03-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Oh my, you have so many choices. I recommend The Wave at the Contemporary. It replaces The Concourse Steakhouse. You can take the bus from the POP, get off at MK and walk over there. It will be a wonderful evening. Make sure you make ressies.

PixieMagic
03-24-2009, 08:56 PM
We always eat at OHANA the first night! It's fantastic to have that Disney atmosphere (without going to the parks) on the first night and after a long day of travel it's fantastic to have ALL THAT FOOD! ha ha! Plus you can stroll down and watch wishes and the EWP after....so relaxing....
From your resort you could take a bus to the TTC and just walk over (it's about a 3-5 minute walk...and smells and feels fantastic) :cloud9:

spoiledraf
03-24-2009, 10:29 PM
Keep in mind, travel to and from the restaurant of choice can be limited. Some dining at a resort means a bus transfer at a park or DTD. Monorail resorts means a bus and the mono or perhaps a walk over to the Contemporary. Just a thought. At that point, I often just say "oh taxi!"

brer frog
03-24-2009, 10:34 PM
I'm making reservations at Bongo tomorrow. I like DTD because it keeps me away from the hotel, and still has some disney magic. I don't want to get too close to the parks cause then I'd want to go into them. resort to DTD and back isn't too hard to figure out on the bus system either.:thumbsup:

Is there :beer: at Bongo?

mrsgaribaldi
03-25-2009, 02:59 AM
We like Earl of Sandwich. We take it back to the resort and relax:mickey:

McGoofy
03-25-2009, 04:16 AM
If after flying, you feel up to getting into the Disney "spirit" of things, you can take the bus from POP to MK, then catch the monorail to Poly, Contemporary, or GF. Any of the restaurants along the monorail line are great. If you time things just right, you could even watch the MK fireworks from the shores of one of the resorts after dinner. Just a fun way to get a little Disney in without going into the parks.

Scott C
03-27-2009, 01:56 PM
we kinda have the tradition of Cap'n Jacks -- they don't take adrs so we don't have to worry about the time

thanks
scott c