PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Tried Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure?

DisneyPrincess21
03-23-2009, 11:25 PM
I am going to be trying this on my next vacation in December. My 2 niece's (12yr and 8yr) will be coming along as well, And I thought this would be a fun and entertaining way for them to explore epcot for their first visit to wdw. Has anyone tried it yet? How was it? Would you do it again? Any Tips? Any fun spoiler's you want to share?

razor5002000
03-23-2009, 11:58 PM
I did the KP thing at Epcot and it is a lot of fun. It is like a big scavengfer hunt in the world shocase area. Basicaly you get you communiocator and off you go. They show you pictures of what to look for and basically everything is controled by the communicator. Watch everything when you are doing this hitting okay button the communcator makes all sorts of fun things happen.

murphy1
03-24-2009, 08:08 AM
I was at Epcot last month and talked to the CM's doing the kiosks. I want to try it with my daughter when we go there again, the kids doing it were having fun with it. You can also participate as much or as little as you want.

Hayden's Dad
03-24-2009, 09:31 AM
DW and I did two adventures! We loved it and had a lot of fun. The special effects they did for these are really cool! Have Fun! :mickey:

scootch713
03-24-2009, 09:35 AM
We piloted it in November. My daughters were 9 and 6. My 6 year old got bored very quickly.... my 9 year old lasted about a half hour into it. We did not finish it and turned in our controllers. I felt it was for a bit older age group.

Maleficent's Dad
03-24-2009, 10:27 AM
My kids are 7 & 10. They love the KP Adventures. Between that and KidCot, they're loving the WS lately.

The adventures already have improved - you don't have to turn your Kimmunicator in any longer at the end of the adventure - you can now keep it to use on another adventure before you turn it in. You have this option now whereas a month ago, they were turned in and you needed a new one for each adventure.

cer
03-24-2009, 10:36 AM
We tried it - it is cool, but pretty much everyone needs to be on board with doing it. I was trying to help my kids do it and my parents and husband were doing their own thing. It did not work for us.

Also, can you return those communicators back at ANY kiosk? or do you need to return it to the one you got it from? I wasn't sure so I took ours all the way back to the kiosk where we got it.

It IS pretty cool. At one point in France, we were told to stand in a certain location and look toward the Eiffel Tower and our picture was taken and it showed up on the communicator. Also there are interactive things that happen around the park as well. Neat concept, especially if you have already "done" all of Epcot and you are on a "re-visit"

DisneyPrincess21
03-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Thanks for all the helpful post. It sounds like alot of fun. It is right up my 12yr old niece's ally. She loves talking on cell phones and text messaging, So now something productive will actually happen lol :D
It will be their first time in epcot and even though she has expressed interest in doing world showcase, I am still worried I might lose their attention after a while. Her 8yr old sister will be with us also, I don't know how into it she will be but I am trying to do different things that they would each like, That way neither one feels left out. And I think this is going to be something very fun to try. :thumbsup:

DisneyPrincess21
03-24-2009, 12:48 PM
One other question,
Is there a time limit on how long you have to finish the mission, Or can you do it at your own pace?

Maleficent's Dad
03-24-2009, 12:55 PM
One other question,
Is there a time limit on how long you have to finish the mission, Or can you do it at your own pace?
No time limit.
But they stop handing out adventures and Kimmunicators an hour (or two? :confused:) before park closing. I *think* the last missions are assigned at 7 PM.

You can use several park passes and get several missions earlier in the day - and not "use them" until well after the time stated. So if it says use at 1 PM, you can still take your ticket to the podiums at 4, 5, or 6 PM and be fine.

And YES - you can return the Kimmunicators to any kiosk or (secret!) return slot in WS. Those blue things attached give CM's the exact locations of each phone.

DisneyPrincess21
03-24-2009, 02:47 PM
No time limit.
But they stop handing out adventures and Kimmunicators an hour (or two? :confused:) before park closing. I *think* the last missions are assigned at 7 PM.

You can use several park passes and get several missions earlier in the day - and not "use them" until well after the time stated. So if it says use at 1 PM, you can still take your ticket to the podiums at 4, 5, or 6 PM and be fine.

And YES - you can return the Kimmunicators to any kiosk or (secret!) return slot in WS. Those blue things attached give CM's the exact locations of each phone.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

DANAM
03-25-2009, 01:18 PM
I've never heard of this. Is it free like the kidcot stops or do you pay for it? Where can I get more info. I read the posts but I am still not sure what it is.

mouseketeer mom
03-25-2009, 01:50 PM
My son wants to do this on our next trip. Where do we actually go to start...and...can we arrive at any time? I'm still confused too. How long does this take also?

the other micki
03-25-2009, 03:01 PM
According to The Complete Walt Disney World 2009 guidebook, you can pick up the Kimmunicators in Innoventions or at the bridge between FW and WS. I remember reading on another post that each mission takes about 30 min. or so.

Maleficent's Dad
03-25-2009, 10:31 PM
I've never heard of this. Is it free like the kidcot stops or do you pay for it? Where can I get more info. I read the posts but I am still not sure what it is.
It is free to all - kids and adults.
It's an interactive scavenger hunt where you or your kids or both are assigned a cell phone (aka Kimmunicator) to assist you along the way. It's got some great aspects - especially the mission in Japan. :mickey:

My son wants to do this on our next trip. Where do we actually go to start...and...can we arrive at any time? I'm still confused too. How long does this take also?
You can get tickets at Innoventions, or at various locations around the World showcase. The ticket tells you when you can go to one of the participating countries and get your Kimmunicator. NOTE: the country you get your Kimmunicator in isn't always where your mission is located.
Missions can be as short as 15 minutes, or as long as 45 or more... Up to you and your pace.