PDA

View Full Version : Street Actors at Disney Studios (MGM)

Wishmaker
03-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Okay with all the questions about cut backs, one thing I am concerned about missing out on would be the street actors and/or shows that are performed at MGM. Has any body noticed a lower number being performed? My husband has never witnessed any, only on our videos, and I am really excited about him experiencing this.
Hopefully, the cutt backs they make will be the smaller ones mentioned in another post. Or at least maybe they will start cutting back the smaller less obvious things like fewer quick services choices etc. However, the hours and fantasmic are very noticable, but don't take the "Magic" out of the visit.

DizneyRox
03-24-2009, 05:34 AM
I haven't seen the public works crews in YEARS, probably goig on 4 years now. But I heard they still exist. Used to see them all the time, so yeah, I think they are also feeling the effects of the cutbacks.

Altair
03-24-2009, 06:56 AM
In January we saw more street performers than ever. They were up and down Sunset Blvd. Hollywood Public Works was also out at that time.:mickey:

DawsonAR
03-24-2009, 08:38 AM
We saw several there last April. If anything, I think we saw more than on previous trips.

mrsgaribaldi
03-24-2009, 09:54 AM
We saw them in Feb:mickey:

SpecJoe Magic
03-24-2009, 11:20 AM
We were there during the week before Christmas last year, and there were a few different shows with a lot of different characters being performed on Sunset Boulevard throughout the day. I don't know what is considered to be a normal amount of shows, so I can't say whether or not there has been a decrease in the number of performances.

MickeyMousse
03-24-2009, 01:32 PM
When we were there in February we saw more street actors than ever before!

DisneyPrincess21
03-24-2009, 02:46 PM
I saw a lot when we were the back the week before Christmas. I guess it just depends on the time and day.

Imagineer1981
03-24-2009, 02:48 PM
i heard from a good source that there are additional actors that used to be at Adventures Club and the comedy club

WVParkfan
03-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Glad to hear that the Street Performers are still at the Studios.

Still sad, though, that Four-for-a-Dollar is gone from the Beauty and the Beast Show. Seeing them the first time (and not knowing that they would be performing) is one of my all-time special memories at the Studios Park.

leighe
04-01-2009, 02:32 PM
We saw lots last summer - July of 2008.

ASweetLov
04-01-2009, 03:20 PM
I saw a few performances by the street actors at MGM in July 2007. My fiancee, best friend and her brother went on to TOT and since I get sick on rides like that I stayed shopping and watching the performances. They were great!