PDA

View Full Version : Gastley Mansion?

BriarRose
03-23-2009, 06:25 PM
I was on another website and they mentioned a sign in Frontierland that says the name "Gastley Mansion" with the word "Gastley" crossed out and the word "Haunted" written above it. They even have pictures of it. I have never noticed this and was wondering if anyone knew if there is a back story of "Gastley Mansion"?

Goes to show you that you can visit multiple times and still not notice everything!

PixieMagic
03-23-2009, 06:46 PM
wow - I wonder if that's true - I am going to be hunting through my photos all night now!!!;)

BriarRose
03-23-2009, 07:08 PM
It's (I believe) the crossroad sign by Splash Mountain that list from top to bottom:

Liberty Square
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
(another sign I cannot make out)
Haunted(Gastley) Mansion

I know I have taken pictures of this before, I just never noticed it. My mind wants to think it's the one wit Brer Rabbit on top of the post. Not sure about that, though.

BriarRose
03-23-2009, 08:12 PM
I just looked at my pictures and that is not the post I am thinking of, so I don't know where it's located, other than Frontierland.

Imagineer1981
03-24-2009, 03:06 PM
anyone have a pic?

VWL Mom
03-24-2009, 03:23 PM
If you google gastley mansion and click images there is a picture. I think it is near the steps when you get off the RR.

Stu29573
03-24-2009, 04:31 PM
I found a pic of the sign. It seems to have Splash Mountain in the background. From the top down it says (on separate signs on the same pole) Liberty Square > , Splash Mountain > , Big Thunder Mountain Railroad > , < Adventureland , Ghastley Mansion > (crossed out and "Haunted" written over it). I really don't know what to make of it.....