PDA

View Full Version : Top Attractions for a 2 & 3 year old?

wgbuck
03-23-2009, 05:59 PM
I'm taking my 2 & 3 year old to MK for their first time next week. I haven't been to MK, since I was a kid, ... so I know a lot has changed (and my memory isn't so great).

I'd love to hear what everyone's thoughts are on the top rated attractions/rides for a 2 & 3 year old. If I'm able to get a fastpass, ... what should I get?

Much thanks in advance!

baby minnie's mommy
03-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Here are some of my preschooler daughter's faves:

Barnstormer
Walking through Mickey & Minnie's Houses
Dumbo
Peter Pan
Magic Carpets of Alladin
Pirates of the Carribbean
Walking through and touching the Castle

:mickey:

PrettyMinnie
03-23-2009, 07:44 PM
I was a fan of Dumbo and the Teacups as long as we didn't spin them too fast. Aladdin is pretty much the same as Dumbo.

Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh are good but a lot of little kids are afraid. So make sure you prepare them.

Good luck!

estein80
03-23-2009, 09:54 PM
As others have mentioned Aladdin is basically the same as Dumbo, but being on the other side of the park, the line is much shorter.

My niece and nephew (2 and 3) like Buzz LightYear (so did the adults) (which you can FastPass). They also like the cars in Tomorrowland.

I took my daughter (8 months) on Haunted Mansion and she was looking all over the place, but that one depends on your child's personality and fear levels, personally I never saw it as a scary ride, but...

I know young kids tend to really like Small World (also FastPass), but we didn't get on this time because they wait was way too long.

I would stay away from Snow White (and I heard Pooh) because they can be scary for young kids.

Depending on your kids sense of humor, they might like Monsters, Inc.

You can take them on any ride that doesn't have a height requirement. Check out what you would like to go on and make it fun for them. I have found as long as you can "take the fear out" by distracting them, they are normally okay.

Have fun!

tys_mommy
03-24-2009, 08:26 AM
Last year my 2 year old loved Turtle Talking with Crush (in EPCOT). He also really enjoyed Buzz Lightyear's space ranger spin (in MK) - he didn't really get the aim and shoot concept but loved riding the ride. Looking back at our pictures - the magic carpets (in MK) and the dino ride like it in AK were also big hits.

jcvalenti
03-24-2009, 10:00 AM
I took my 2 year old last year for his first visit. By far, his favorite MK ride was Goofy's Barnstormer. He made us go on it 3 times in a row. After that it was either Alladin or Peter Pan.

Don't forget that a 2 or 3 year old might see the concept of a "ride" a little different than you. My guy also loved riding the train, and the Tommorrowland Transit Authority !

This year, he's going to slip just over 40" ... so I expect him to go crazy for Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and some of the other parks' favorites (like Kali River Rapids and Star Tours).

mjaclyn
03-24-2009, 10:24 AM
My 2 year old absolutely LOVED Dumbo. She kept asking to go back on it again and again. Her other favorites were:

Cinderella's Golden Carousel
Winnie the Pooh
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
It's a Small World
Peter Pan
Jungle Cruise
Tea Cups (we didn't really spin but she loves watching Alice in Wonderland and playing with her tea set at home)

She also really enjoyed meeting characters any chance we had. It seemed to me like Mickey's Toontown Fair was the most crowded for character meet & greets though...

Something else you might want to do (if you're going to be in nice weather) is to bring an extra change of clothes or maybe a bathing suit with you. There are a few different spots in Magic Kingdom where there are jumping fountains for the kids to run through and DD really liked that as well.

javamama
03-24-2009, 03:36 PM
When my 3 year old went on his first trip he was very tall for a 3 year old so he could ride lots of things, he loved TOT, BTM, The MK train, AK train, Dinosaur, Splash MT, PoTC, he was around 3 1/2 when we went the first time.
My dd was 2 1/2 last year and she loved SW, CGC, PoTC, PP, Nemo, and a few others.

LovinWDW
03-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Here are some of my daughters must sees when she was 2. My youngest is now 2 and enjoys these also;

1. Dumbo - get there first or wait 45 mins to ride
2. Small World
3. Peter Pan - if they enjoy it grab a fast pass for later. Line can be 60 mins by afternoon.
4. Adventures of WTP- fast pass also available here.
5. Teacups
6.Mickeys Philharmagic- 2 year old might not keep on the glasses 3 year old should.
7. Magic Carpets- same concept as Dumbo without the 45 min line in the afternoon.
8. Buzz - When my oldest was 3 she loved it
9. Goofey's Barnstormer - often a long line for a short ride, but fun.

Hope this helps. Hit Fantasy Land first!