PDA

View Full Version : Cut Backs???

Insanity Clause
03-23-2009, 04:10 PM
I have noticed a lot of posts about cutbacks in the parks and such but no real examples and I was wondering if those of you that have gone since the economy had so bad could ellaborate on what the cutbacks are?

DizneyRox
03-23-2009, 04:24 PM
Really? No real examples?

Without even thinking, Fantasmic show reductions and LTT characters disappeared. If you want others, you can real this thread which goes on for days...

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=150312

readytogo2
03-23-2009, 04:33 PM
we just got back and the one thing i noticed was in dining all the meals were basically the same . still good but not near the selections they used to have

GrumpyFan
03-23-2009, 06:08 PM
"Recent" for us was in June of last year, but the biggest thing I noticed was lack of very many fast food choices in MK. It seemed every where we went they had salad, burgers or pizza, and maybe chicken fingers. Nothing against those, but there's only so much I can take. Then there's the Table Service restaurants whose menus have been drastically reduced in the number items they offer, plus the meat cuts have been reduced in quality and size.
There are many more examples, but these are just a few I've noticed in the last year.

PixieMagic
03-23-2009, 06:50 PM
I've noticed the menu cut backs too! There are hardly any choices any more where as you used to get a full menu of choices!

cgriff
03-23-2009, 07:38 PM
I think the most obvious change since the economic slowdown is that park operational hours are shorter now.

Were the fast food menus particularly long at some point and I just don't remember?

Maybe they just got rid of all those "healthy" options from the menu! :popcorn::pizza:

If I go to Artist's Point and my cedar plank salmon tastes like a Casey's Corner Hot Dog, then heads are gonna roll. But somehow I don't think the problem is quite like it's being described here.

PixieMagic
03-23-2009, 07:42 PM
I meant more like TS restaurants that used to have 15-30 dinner entree choices now only have about 6 on average...

TheVBs
03-24-2009, 07:35 AM
No pirate & princess party? I think someone said that was a result of cutbacks. :(

But, I should add that I'm hoping while we're there we'll be having such a good time that we won't notice any differences!

JPL
03-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Not sure P&PP was a direct result of the cutbacks or the fact that outside the fireworks show the party was terrible and poorly attended.

Other cutbacks

Less Live entertainment
Fewer Characters
Characters like Pipa and Wes Palm cut.
Attractions and restaurants open seasonally
Fewer Cast Members in certain areas

valjane
03-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Also fewer decorations during the holidays and less entertainment.

TheVBs
03-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Not sure P&PP was a direct result of the cutbacks or the fact that outside the fireworks show the party was terrible and poorly attended.

Really?! I didn't know that. I had gotten the impression it was a big hit.

Imagineer1981
03-24-2009, 03:02 PM
I think compared to MNSSHP and MVMCP it is less. If they had to cut 1 of 3 parties, P&PP was the obvious choice.

Scar
03-24-2009, 03:36 PM
In World Showcase:

Living Statutes gone
Flower Power concerts cut to 3 nights a week

I can't confirm, but I don't see listed:

Spelmanns Gledje
Backup entertainment that filled in for Voices of Liberty and Mariachi Cobre on off days.

mickeys_princess_mom
03-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Not sure P&PP was a direct result of the cutbacks or the fact that outside the fireworks show the party was terrible .

I respectfully disagree. We thoroughly enjoyed it and would have gone again in a heartbeat.

JPL
03-24-2009, 10:23 PM
It was definately a love it or hate it type event and for me there was just not enough offered compared to the other 2 parties. Also I definately felt it was much more Princess than Pirate. But the poor attendance was definately the bigger factor in it's demise.

laprana
03-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Don't forget about Fantasmic! being cut back to only a few shows a week! :(