PDA

View Full Version : When was Tower of Terror last rehabbed?

Gregandmel
03-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Does anyone know how long it's been since this particular ride was closed for a period of time to be rehabbed? This is absolutely my DS's FAVORITE ride in the world (he's 9 and will be 10 on our next trip). We won't be going for another 18 months, but just wondered if it's recently been renovated at all. I would hate it if for some reason it was getting ready to be (not trying to start rumors!!) I know that his other favorites (Haunted Mansion, POTC and now Space Mountain) have either recently been redone or will be. Thanks if anyone knows!

Figment!
03-23-2009, 03:51 PM
The ride actually went under a refurbishment a few months ago, but did not require any closure time.

Due to their being two drop shafts, the ride has the ability to conduct a partitioned refurbishment with one drop shaft closed and the other operational. While this decreases rider throughput, it does keep the attraction open to Guests.

I believe the last time the ride was closed due to refurbishment was for the testing and installation of the 4th (and current) drop version.