PDA

View Full Version : Jammin' Jungle Parade Traffic Jam???

Figment78
03-23-2009, 01:23 PM
We've never actually been at AK during the parade, but from the parade route marked on the map, it appears to encircle the tree of life / Discovery Island. Does that cause a problem for people who are entering the park at that time and do not want to stand and watch or are you stuck until it passes?

Anyone know about how long the parade is and for extra credit - can anyone guess how long it takes for the parade to reach the "entrance" to Camp Minnie Mickey?

deedeenmickey
03-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Wow - that's a lot of questions. You can get passed the parade to go to Asia and Dinoland I know. It is crowded and tight. It's slow going indeed. I do not know how long it takes for the parade to get around but the parade last about 20 - 25 minutes while you are watching it. It is a cute parade if you've never seen it.

Imagineer1981
03-23-2009, 02:41 PM
nice questions.

1) The parade does circle the tree of life. Starts in Africa goes around the island and back up towards Asia, and then doubles back towards Africa where it ends where it started.

2) AK has wide paths and you can get over to Camp Minnie Mickey but thats about as far as you can go as the bridge to Africa is blocked until the parade passes through. You can also get to Dinoland and Asia by going the Dinoland route. The Merchantile shop (where I did caricatures), you can cut through and avoid alot of the crowd

3)By the way, about 10 minutes until it reaches Camp Minnie Mickey from what I remember

EJS-Houston
03-25-2009, 12:23 PM
On our last visit in November '07 we discovered that the parade is the best time to get on the Safari ride...the line becomes dramatically shorter as people line the parade route.

Mendelson
03-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Just an fyi - if you''re coming out of Tough to be a Bug during the parade, you will get stuck.

Our tightly-planned day was thrown for a bit of a loop when we just missed the road getting closed off for the parade coming out of the movie.

WDWdriver
03-25-2009, 05:53 PM
Just to add a bit to what Imagineer1981 said above.....

During the parade you can get to Dinoland and Camp Minnie-Mickey by going through the shops. The only way to get to Africa is go to Asia first, which you can get to from Dinoland. Then there will be an open pathway between Asia and Africa. That's the long way around, and it will probably take longer than just waiting for the parade to pass.

The parade takes 12 to 13 minutes to pass by any given location. And it takes about ten minutes for the lead element to arrive at the entrance to Camp Minnie-Mickey.