PDA

View Full Version : I have a favor to ask

Stitchahula
03-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Some of you might remember that sometimes My sister payroll princess or I ask for prayers and pixie dust for my DS. You have ask before what he has and he's got Diamond Blackfan Anemia. On extreme home makeover tonight is a family we know because their daughter also has DBA. I figured if you watched ,than next time I ask for pixie dust you might have a better understanding what my little guy is going through and why i call him my hero.
I also wanted to ask for some prayers and pixie dust for another DBA family. They just had a fund raiser last night for DBA and the DS that has it had to leave because he wasn't feeling well. He is in congenitive heart failure because of iron overload from transfusions. I was hoping you could keep them in your prayers that he feels better. Thank you.

IloveDisney71
03-22-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm saying prayers for all three of the children you mentioned in your post. Thanks for telling us about the show. I always watch this show because it's nice to see good things happening to people who are dealing with a variety of trials.

marylynne95
03-22-2009, 06:34 PM
My prayers are with all of you!! Here is a little pixie dust as well!! :pixie:

Donald
03-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Prayers and :pixie:for you, your son, and your friends:mickey:

SBETigg
03-22-2009, 07:39 PM
I've been looking forward to tonight's show! Your little guy is such a hero. He's in my prayers, and I'm always ready with the pixie dust. I hope he's feeling better.

:hug:
:pixie: :pixie:

Hull-onian
03-23-2009, 08:56 AM
:pixie: to you and your son.

Stitchahula
03-23-2009, 11:30 AM
thanks everyone. I was kind of disappointed in last nights show. They left the parts concerning DBA on the cutting room floor so they could put the Super Nanny on the show for some reason. I think that did get across how very important it is to donate blood though so for that I'm very thankful. Also that the Bells were helped out they really are incredibley giving people.

Princess'Mom
03-25-2009, 09:16 AM
Prayers and :pixie:for your DS and others living with this.

SBETigg
03-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Coreen, I bet a lot of people looked up DBA at home during or after the show, like we did. And it also did drive home the message to give blood, which is great. I love how they set up the designer label/clothing line for the daughter with DBA. She was very inspiring. What a sweet kid! We enjoyed the show. How's your hero doing today? More prayers going out to you all.

Stitchahula
03-25-2009, 12:03 PM
I loved the label A Positive it was so cute. It really did get the message across about blood drives though which is so important. I know that if people didn't donate my son wouldn't be here today and I'm so thankful that people do give blood. My DS is doing really well right now knock on wood. His last transfusion was Dec 3 so we are really hopeful that he's going back into remission. Only 11% of DBA patients every go into remission so we've been really lucky he's been in twice so far, once for 27 months and the second time for 1 year. I'm always amazed when we are at camp every other year (they have DBA week at camp sunshine every 2 years) at how our kids are. They seem so grown up and handle things with such a grace and stength. But wow I laugh because they seem to be the ones bouncing off walls our non DBA kids don't seem to have much energy sometimes. It's like winding them up but instead put a little blood into them and watch them go.

mrsgaribaldi
03-29-2009, 10:29 AM
Sorry I missed this post. Lots of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers on the way.