PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Weekend Daily Schedule

Daisy712
03-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Hey everyone,

We are going to arrive in WDW on the Saturday of the last SWW in June. How late in the day do the SWW activities last? We are driving from northern Indiana on Friday, June 12 and are going to bust our behinds to get as far as we can the first day, so we can arrive earlier on Saturday, June 13. We hope to be in Disney Studios by 10 a.m., so we can see some SWW activites and then go again on Sunday. Is it worth our effort to try to get there as early as we can on Saturday, or will Sunday give us enough time to see everything. I hate to drive 14 hours in one day to be disappointed that we missed most of the activities by getting to the park at 10 a.m. I have talked to a few people that have been there for a SWW and they said unless you are there to get autographs, there isn't much else going on. Is this true? We would love to see the parade and the other happenings. Thanks for your help.:yoda:

thejens
03-22-2009, 05:46 PM
We do Star Wars in one day. The best part about it is seeing the characters roaming about in character. In terms of activities, the parade is fun and you can see all the characters in it. I really did not enjoy the Star Wars Hoopla which to me was silly and not in the spirit of Star Wars, a real break in the "story" imagine Darth Vadar doing the disco. This was around 4:00 p.m. I love watching the Jedi training school, but if you don't have kids, this might not interest you. It is pretty cute and runs every hour. There are not a lot of events or activities, but it is still fun. We usually do one day at the Studios on a non-SW day to do the things we normally do, then we go during the SWWE and focus on the Star Wars ride and character greets and yes, long lines for autographs for the kids.

KylesMom
03-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Different perspective here. We too will be pushing to get to DHS as early as possible on the 13th (our flight lands @ 10 am). We know that we'll miss the Motorcade on this date, so we'll definitely be back on Sunday to catch it, as well as the Stormtrooper antics prior to park opening and other characters we miss on Saturday.

The biggest "thing" for my family is to get photos with as many Star Wars characters (not celebrities) as possible - as well as purchasing the collectible merchandise. We don't bother with the celebrity signings, but to do so you'd need to get to DHS a few hours before park opening to queue up in line.

We'll also be grabbing FPs for TSM, ToT, RnRC and ST along the way (the lines are always SO LONG for ST during the SWW), but our main focus for these two days will be the character photo ops. Honestly, things wrap up pretty early for SWW at the Studios, so we always have evening plans lined up.

As mentioned, they do have the Jedi training academy for the kids' entertainment at the stage outside of ST. Usually they will have a general celebrity "question and answer" session during the day, as well as other things smattered around the ST area (including trivia contests). I must admit that I REALLY miss Who Wants to Be A Millionaire - Star Wars Edition" when SWW rolls around each year!

Until Disney releases a solid schedule of activities and celebrities for each weekend, all we can do is speculate on what additional things they'll have this year to entertain around the park. However, be assured that you won't "miss" everything if you get there by 10:00! :darth::yoda::trooper: