PDA

View Full Version : Crow level in May

magicgal
03-22-2009, 12:59 PM
We will be going in May and have never been there this time of year. We are going from 05/14-05/21. Are the crowds really bad, or is it ok? Also, is the weather generally really hot and humid? Thanks for any help!

medic9016
03-22-2009, 02:29 PM
The birds are not bad in May. :sorry: I could not help it after reading the title.

We are going in May also. I'm hoping the crowds will not be to bad, schools will not be out yet. We are thinking parents will most likely pull their kids out at the begining of school not at the end.

SingingPixie
03-22-2009, 02:47 PM
I went in May as a child, and I don't remember the crowds being too bad. We went on everything we wanted to, and I don't think we ever waited more than 45 mins. As far as weather goes, I think it rained one day during our trip if I remember correctly. Temps were hot, but manageable as long as we stayed hydrated. I just got back from an August trip, and May was definitely much better. We were able to swim at night though. Sorry for the rambling, I'm just trying to think back to details of a trip I took at age 10.

AmandaChan
03-22-2009, 03:00 PM
We go in May every year and the crowds have never been too bad. We rarely wait in long lines (we use the FP to our best advantage). But even for the rides that don't have fastpasses there isn't really that bad of a wait. We typically get all of the reservations we want and the weather really is NOT bad at all. I've been in July before and it was 20 times worse weather wise. May it never rains and it's not too humid. Even at night sometimes it gets a little chilly but daytime weather is always good enough for swimming.

gerald72
03-22-2009, 03:16 PM
I haven't ever noticed any crows, either. Once a seagull made a dropping on my DD's shoulder MK, though.

catne
03-22-2009, 03:37 PM
we went that same week of May (week before Memorial Weekend) for the last two years. Crowds are not bad at all until about Saturday of Memorial weekend. Just get your fastpasses early for the popular rides.

Hull-onian
03-22-2009, 04:31 PM
I haven't ever noticed any crows, either. Once a seagull made a dropping on my DD's shoulder MK, though.

:rotfl:

magicgal
03-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Yeah, leave it to me with the "crow" level...oops. :blush:

CU Tiger
03-23-2009, 12:20 PM
We have gone during these dates the past 4 years and the crowds are not bad at all:thumbsup:. Last year was the busiest May we have seen, but we minimally had to use fastpass. May is a good time to go, because the crowds are less, the temperature is comfortable, and there is less chance of rain. :mickey:

FenwayGirl
03-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Glad to hear this as I will be arriving at WDw May 14th. I have not been in May for over 15 years (usually do Jan) and I forgot what to expect!

zebradome17
03-23-2009, 03:49 PM
I went in May in 2007 and the crowd levels were quite good. Being from the UK I also found the heat a little more tolerable

sleepingbooty
03-23-2009, 05:13 PM
We are going the same time frame, and I'm a little worried about the crowds myself. The Unofficial Guide's website shows crowd levels spiking up dramatically that week. Saturday the 16th, and Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday the 21st-24th are all predicted to be 9's out of 10 on the crowd calendar. I am so hoping that they are wrong!

Followthatmouse
03-23-2009, 07:35 PM
We stayed for the last two weeks of May last year.

The first week of our stay was relatively quiet - lines were manageable with or without a FP, lunch spots less crowded with tables plentiful. The second week, post-Memorial Day, was far busier. Long lines, warm weather and many family reunion groups.

I'm not sure of the effect of the economic downturn on this year's numbers. I believe that Disney has various promotions - free nights, etc. - to bring people to the parks and resorts. May crowd numbers could well be affected.

ASweetLov
03-23-2009, 09:55 PM
I can't stop laughing at gerald72's comment haha!!!!
I have never been in May but i heard its not that bad since kids are still in school.

McGoofy
03-25-2009, 03:58 AM
We've gone in May every year for the past several years. Last year we were there the week after Memorial Day and it wasn't too bad since several schools are not out yet. However, when we have been earlier in May, it is definitely less busy than that last week of May. At any rate, neither the crowds nor crows have been too bad. However, watch out around the turkey cart area in Frontierland. Those seagulls will get ya!:mickey:

Goes4FastPass
03-26-2009, 03:36 PM
Crows usually avoid WDW during May because the parks are very crowded and it's very hot and humid.

I think the 'trick' to this time of year when it comes to the WDW themeparks is set an alarm and go EARLY. Eat lunch EARLY and head back to your hotel to rest, swim and avoid those hot crowds crowing about how uncomfortable they are.

Then later in the afternoon, after the worn out guests have given up and the crows have returned to their nests, take your rested cooled off up group back to the parks.

The best way to check the crows at the MK is to listen carefully as you pass the Dumbo ride. You just may hear,
But I'd been done seen about everything
When I see an elephant fly.

Nini5055
03-26-2009, 03:46 PM
:silly::laughing::silly::laughing::silly:

You are all WAY too funny!!! I just want to know why those darn typos always happen in the title!?!?!?!?

I am still chuckling...:thumbsup:

However, I am happy you asked the question as we are going in May as well.

crltkcagle
04-05-2009, 02:17 PM
we are going the last week in may and are nervous about crowds too. i love our sept trip but hate pulling the kids out of school.