PDA

View Full Version : Evening shows

SingingPixie
03-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm planning an October trip w/ my boyfriend. We'll be there for 5 nights (4 full days and 2 travel partial days). We'll definitely see all of the MNSSHP entertainment, Illuminations, and Wishes (from the California Grill balcony). I'm torn about trying to fit Fantasmic and Spectromagic into our plans. I've seen them both, and my boyfriend hasn't, but wouldn't be upset if he misses them. My gut instinct is to save them for another trip and not spend every evening rushing to see a show. Would this be a horrible trip-planning sin?

PrettyMinnie
03-22-2009, 12:51 PM
It wouldn't be a bad thing to skip the evening shows if you want to take it easy. I personally really like Fantasmic and would hate to give it up even if it meant rushing.

Also, the shows might conflict with your dinner plans or something else you might have scheduled which would take the decision out of your hands.

Good luck!

SingingPixie
03-22-2009, 03:45 PM
I do like Fantasmic, it just takes so much effort to get there and make sure we get in. I'm hoping to be able to plan dinner plans around the shows, but that may necessitate some rushed commutes which defeat the purpose of having nice dinner plans, lol.

thejens
03-22-2009, 05:41 PM
I think it partly depends when you will be back. We skipped Fantasmic last year just because the kids (and some adults) looked too pooped and hot and tired and I knew what we really needed was pool time at the Poly. Knowing we were coming again this year, made it alright with me. The nice thing about the other shows is you could play it by ear. I am usually a do it all or die girl, but I have mellowed!

ThanxForNoticin
03-22-2009, 05:59 PM
It sounds like you have your evenings pretty full at this point. I agree with 'the jens' - I think you can play some of this by ear when you are there.

Also, something to keep in mind - I don't know if it's changed or not, but DHS had changed Fantasmic. It only runs a couple nights each week - not every night anymore. That might help make your decision for you. Have fun!

SingingPixie
03-22-2009, 06:04 PM
I think it partly depends when you will be back. We skipped Fantasmic last year just because the kids (and some adults) looked too pooped and hot and tired and I knew what we really needed was pool time at the Poly. Knowing we were coming again this year, made it alright with me. The nice thing about the other shows is you could play it by ear. I am usually a do it all or die girl, but I have mellowed!

Lol, that's exactly how I am and why I'm asking the question. The idea of leaving something like Fantasmic or Spectromagic out would have been unthinkable to me while planning the last trip. I think it's a combination of the fact that I've been so recently, and that my boyfriend (who will have fun with whatever, but wouldn't care one bit if we skipped them) might enjoy a slightly slower-paced trip that is making me rethink my usual plan. I'm just picturing my last two times trying to see Fantasmic (which involved lots of running and praying we didn't miss it) and thinking that, while worth it at the time, might not be worth it this time (since the point of the trip is to relax, and since I've seen it so recently).

SingingPixie
03-22-2009, 06:05 PM
It sounds like you have your evenings pretty full at this point. I agree with 'the jens' - I think you can play some of this by ear when you are there.

Also, something to keep in mind - I don't know if it's changed or not, but DHS had changed Fantasmic. It only runs a couple nights each week - not every night anymore. That might help make your decision for you. Have fun!

Yep, that's part of why I'm thinking this way. It was hard enough trying to make it to Fantasmic the last couple times. Now that it's only certain nights (and the increased crowds that that implies), it may not be worth it, especially on a short trip.