PDA

View Full Version : I need your story!

TikiGoddess
03-21-2009, 02:02 PM
Hello all,

I am a music teacher at a primary school in central CT. During the next two weeks I am piloting the "Kindness Project", a program I devised to help our students learn about and spread kindness. Our goal is to achieve over 2000 acts of kindness in one week!

One of my ideas when I first started this project was to involve the online Disney community. Since I've been active here on Intercot and elsewhere online, I have found that Disney fans are some of the kindest and most giving of people around. I am looking for you all to step up and inspire my students by writing about your own acts of kindness, whether it be something you did or received. I will be posting all online submissions to the website at the school for all to see.

So how can you help?

1. Please visit my Kindness Project website ((here) (http://kindnessproject09.blogspot.com) and leave a comment on what you've done recently to spread kindness. If you need some ideas on how to be kind, I have listed over 100 ways to get you started.

2. Spread the word and let others know about our project. That in itself would be an act of kindness!

Many sincere thanks,
Kathy Adams

PirateLover
03-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Kathy, good luck in this endeavor! It is a fantastic idea.

Piglet822
03-22-2009, 11:43 AM
I left a post. I might have left two, I'm not sure, lol.

Arielfan98
03-22-2009, 03:02 PM
Ok I have posted my random act of kindness! All you have to do is approve it! :thumbsup:

Hull-onian
03-22-2009, 04:13 PM
I tried leaving one, but it kept kicking me out.:confused:

IloveDisney71
03-22-2009, 05:41 PM
This is such a great idea. I left a comment of my own on your list of kindness. Good luck!!!:thumbsup:

TikiGoddess
03-22-2009, 07:34 PM

PM me and I'll add your comments to the website.

Kathy

VWL Mom
03-22-2009, 07:43 PM

That wasn't very kind :(

PM me and I'll add your comments to the website.

Kathy

But that was :)

DisneyWhirled
03-22-2009, 10:12 PM
I left one for you!

TikiGoddess
03-30-2009, 06:00 PM
If you post on my website (see first post) I will personally donate $1 to Make-A-Wish. I'm hoping to see 100 posts by Friday, April 3rd at midnight.

The kids at my school are aiming for 2000 acts of kindness by the end of the week. Help us reach our goal and make some magic for someone today!

Kathy

TikiGoddess
04-10-2009, 08:06 PM
UPDATE:

The Kindness Project was a success!

We had 1,700 acts of kindness submitted at school and on the website.

The students colored 650 drawings to send to the Color A Smile organization.

And...

We raised $800 to donate to Make-A-Wish!

Thanks to all who participated. I'm already planning my next Project... and if you hear of any charitable causes that might work for an elementary school, please let me know! This will be a year round effort.

Kathy

Arielfan98
04-27-2009, 08:29 PM
UPDATE:

The Kindness Project was a success!

We had 1,700 acts of kindness submitted at school and on the website.

The students colored 650 drawings to send to the Color A Smile organization.

And...

We raised $800 to donate to Make-A-Wish!

Thanks to all who participated. I'm already planning my next Project... and if you hear of any charitable causes that might work for an elementary school, please let me know! This will be a year round effort.

Kathy

CONGRATULATIONS CONGRATULATIONS on yuor success! :congrats:

mrsgaribaldi
04-27-2009, 11:21 PM
Congratulations:mickey: Thanks for the update:thumbsup: