PDA

View Full Version : Sanaa

epceddie
03-21-2009, 12:10 PM
My wife and I will be in the World from May 5-11 and we were looking for a new restaurant to try.
I read about Sanaaa at the AKL, but since it was scheduled to open May 1st, I didn't think I would be able to get a reservation.
To make a long story short, I called member services yesterday and got a lunch reservation for the day that we arrive.
Did I just get lucky? I know that anytime Disney unveils something new (ie Soarin, Toy Story Mania) people go nuts.
Has anyone else out there been able to get Sanaa reservations? On the flip side, has anyone had trouble?
Just wondering.

DizneyRox
03-21-2009, 12:38 PM
My wife and I will be in the World from May 5-11 and we were looking for a new restaurant to try.
I read about Sanaaa at the AKL, but since it was scheduled to open May 1st, I didn't think I would be able to get a reservation.
To make a long story short, I called member services yesterday and got a lunch reservation for the day that we arrive.
Did I just get lucky? I know that anytime Disney unveils something new (ie Soarin, Toy Story Mania) people go nuts.
Has anyone else out there been able to get Sanaa reservations? On the flip side, has anyone had trouble?
Just wondering.
AKL is kindof out of the way, I wouldn't expect a lot of foot traffic there. It also seems that the restaurants at AKL are hit or miss too, but a lot of people like Boma. You would think that they were serving boiled crocodile tails and hippo knuckles.

SBETigg
03-21-2009, 01:03 PM
New restaurants don't always get flooded the way new attractions do. A lot of people haven't heard about it yet and a lot of people will wait and see what the initial reviews are. Plus, this is not in a park and more exotic food for some people. I think it looks amazing. Post a review when you get back and maybe word of mouth will help it catch on.

peemagg
03-21-2009, 08:50 PM
We got our dinner reservation to Sanaa with no problem. I told my Mom that we will be doing the AKL tri-fecta this trip: Boma. Jiko, Sanaa.

Natazu
03-22-2009, 04:16 AM
I think a lot of standard vacationers are going to avoid it due to unfounded fear of the unknown. Similar to Marrakesh, people are going to be afraid to try it. Sanaa should be an easy ADR to get.

prttynpnk
03-22-2009, 06:55 AM
We have ressies for the 1st week of June, so i want a full review when you get back! :mickey:

Hull-onian
03-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Just wondering.

I think it is great you got ressies for Sanaa. It will be a nice dining experience. Enjoy your trip!:thumbsup:

epceddie
03-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I'll post a dining review when we get back!

PixieMagic
03-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Try to bring a menu back too!!!!:thumbsup:

Soul_Power
03-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Another request for a dining review when you come back. :mickey:
Sanaa is tentatively on our itinerary, depending on the reviews and the menu options (I'm an extremely picky eater).
Have a great trip! Just a few more weeks! Lucky you!

epceddie
04-02-2009, 02:29 PM
I'll see what I can do about posting a menu.