PDA

View Full Version : unused days on tickets

goofiecrazy
03-21-2009, 09:49 AM
So we have unused days on some old tickets from the past and want to know whats left.My sister is heading down in April and we r heading down in July, can i give them to her to find out whats left on them for me? This would save me money on buying a couple tickets if i knew what was left. just wondering if she could find out for me and get it on a new ticket for me while she was down there b4 us.This would so help me out.

BugeyedMuggy
03-21-2009, 09:55 AM
She could have them checked and tell you what is left for days at guest services. I dont know if she would be able to get new tickets for you, since they are non-transferable.

S-A-M
03-21-2009, 10:18 AM
She could have them checked and tell you what is left for days at guest services. I dont know if she would be able to get new tickets for you, since they are non-transferable.

Yes, she can check the days left with Guest Services. Depending on where she's staying, probably right at her resort. However, she might be asked when the tickets were last used (they did this to us once in DTD) so, if you know, make sure she has that information too. And, NO, she won't be able to get new tickets for you, as they have been used, and are now "attached" to you, and they normally ask for picture ID when upgrading, or adding on to, tickets

goofiecrazy
03-21-2009, 10:48 AM
Ok so when she checks for me how does that work? HOw will they let her know whats left on each ticket? Will they mark them so i know?Will they give a print out of the days left or hows that work. I dont want to be stuck having to pay for a day when i get there if i have days left on the tickets.Will i be able to use the old tickets? Some of them are several yrs old and dont have the bar code on the back.

Pirate Granny
03-21-2009, 12:02 PM
If they don't have a barcode...they are way old...I have tickets 4 yrs old and they all have bar codes...they normally will not give you the print out...and you have to be careful...I checked on one ticket and they claimed one day and when I tried to use it at the park it said there were no more days...I had another ticket so I used that, got back to guest services and they confirmed there was another day left and they did issue another one day pass since I had trouble with the old ticket (this was guest service at EPCOT, not the hotel). I alway have the non-expiring tickets and mark down the days now on masking tape on the card...only way I can confirm what is left. I probably have 15 days of water parks on various tickets that I try to keep track of...we no longer purchase the water park options for now until I use up these other days.
:pirate:

Meteora
03-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Ok so when she checks for me how does that work? HOw will they let her know whats left on each ticket? Will they mark them so i know?Will they give a print out of the days left or hows that work. I dont want to be stuck having to pay for a day when i get there if i have days left on the tickets.Will i be able to use the old tickets? Some of them are several yrs old and dont have the bar code on the back.

They won't give her a print-out. I echo Pirate Granny's suggestion of just writing what is left on the back of each ticket.

CleveRocks
03-22-2009, 08:13 AM
Before you or anyone else tries to use any unused days, I advise that you forst do the math to make sure it's even worth it.

For example, let's say that for your next trip you will go to parks on 7 days. Let's say you have 2 days left on an old ticket. You may think to yourself, "Great! I only need to buy a new 5-day ticket rather than a new 7-day ticket." However, in my opinion it would be a very unwise move to use up those 2 "old" ticket days, and instead you should just buy the entire new 7-day ticket.

WHY?

Because under the current system, every day you buy after 4 days costs only $3 per day. In other words, the difference between a 5-day ticket and a 7-day ticket is only six bucks.

This would mean that your old tickets would only save you $6.

Instead, spend the six bucks now, and then hold on to those 2 days of old tickets ... you never know when you might need only two days some time in the future, such as a weekend trip or a trip when you go to SeaWorld and Universal a bunch and just pop in on Disney parks once or twice, or a trip so somewhere near Disney World where you decide to pop in on a Disney park for the day, and so on. The price for a 1-day ticket is $75 and a 2-day ticket is $149. In other words, even though you have nothing like that planned right now, yu may want to save those tickets for their true value, rather than for just six dollars.

I hope this all makes sense, and if it doesn't, please let me know!

ThanxForNoticin
03-22-2009, 11:28 AM
We just went through a similar inventory of older tickets on a recent trip to Disney. You can find out what is on that tickets at Guest Services at any of the 4 theme parks or the location at DTD. They can't tell you at the resort. They will literally look at your ticket and tell you what you have left on it - someone should either mark the ticket or write it down on a piece of paper.

And as previously posted, your sister will not be able to trade them in toward a new ticket for you. You would have to do that in person. That being said, I think you should look at the good advice CleveRocks is offering - depending on what you are looking to do, it could make a lot of sense to just pay an extra $3 per day right now. Good luck and have fun!