PDA

View Full Version : Help choose: Conference hotel or WDW Resort?

wdw_bound
03-21-2009, 08:52 AM
I have a conference in Orlando. Conference Hotel is the Marriott Grande Lakes, which looks very nice, but also like every other upscale Marriott conference hotel. For the same price, I can at least get a moderate at WDW (possibly WL if I can get a deal, or CR/Poly if I am willing to pay the difference). BUT I would have to drive the 10 miles to the conference Wed - Fri (I'd have a car). Don't know how much park time I'd get, but would probably at least go to MNSSHP one evening.

I'm trying to be rational, that the convenience of staying at the conference site outweighs getting a WDW fix, but right now, the junkie in me is refusing to listen. What would you do?

brownie
03-21-2009, 09:25 AM
Driving 10 miles is a small price to pay to stay on-site at Disney World. If it were me, I'd stay at Disney World.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-21-2009, 09:29 AM
I'd stay on-site too! Not only will you get some Disney magic, you'll be more likely to slip to the parks if you're closer.

I'm also a fan of getting a break from the conference, they can get clausterphobic after a while!

Seasonscraps
03-21-2009, 10:02 AM
I'd stay at the conference hotel. I'd rather deal with driving around for leisure in the evening then work in the morning.

wendy*darling
03-21-2009, 11:07 AM
As tempting as it is to stay in WDW, I am casting another vote for the conference hotel.
I'd hate to have to get in commuter traffic in the mornings in that area!

And, since you will have a car- you can head to WDW in the evenings if there isn't something conference related you need to do.

Donald
03-21-2009, 11:16 AM
I vote to stay at WDW-that way you can take advantage of Extra magic hours.:mickey:

Scar
03-21-2009, 11:43 AM
I vote to stay at WDW, go the parks every day, and blow off the conference. ;)

PixieMagic
03-21-2009, 02:21 PM
You've gotta do WDW....if you don't you will just think of what you're missing as you lay in your boring non-disney hotel room everynight just ten miles from magic.....you'll be wishing you had gone Disney....:magic: