PDA

View Full Version : Washer/dryer

Jeri Lynn
03-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Are the Washer & Dryers located in the Villa's coin operated??

Zone Stop
03-20-2009, 02:03 PM
No. And if you're in a studio, there's not a washer/dryer, but you can use the ones available around the resort - for just the cost of soap.

BamaJenn
03-20-2009, 02:44 PM
PP is correct. The washer/dryer in the villa is a stacked washer/dryer in a little closet. They even provide you the soap to wash your stuff. :thumbsup:

j&j
03-20-2009, 03:35 PM
if you have a one bedroom you will h ave your own. if you use the ones downstairs last time I use them the were fr.. cost for soap.:mickey::mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
03-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Just a clarification. If you stay in a studio at a DVC-only location (like OKW and SS), there are free washers/driers for guests (usually by the pools). If you stay at a 'mixed' resort that has both regular rooms and DVC, I'm not 100% certain. I know for a fact there is a DVC-only laundry room at AKL, which is complimentary on the 5th floor. I'm not sure if they have complimentary washers and driers at WLV or BCV. I know we've paid at BC before ($2 in quarters per load), but I'm not sure if there is something separate for DVCers.

BirdsOfPreyDave
03-21-2009, 08:21 AM
Just a clarification. If you stay in a studio at a DVC-only location (like OKW and SS), there are free washers/driers for guests (usually by the pools). If you stay at a 'mixed' resort that has both regular rooms and DVC, I'm not 100% certain. I know for a fact there is a DVC-only laundry room at AKL, which is complimentary on the 5th floor. I'm not sure if they have complimentary washers and driers at WLV or BCV. I know we've paid at BC before ($2 in quarters per load), but I'm not sure if there is something separate for DVCers.Yes, every DVC resort has a free laundry room for DVC members. At BCV, it's on the 4th floor near the elevator.

Jeri Lynn
03-21-2009, 12:38 PM
We are actually renting points from a DVC Member and staying in a 2 Bedroom Villa, but it is not a dedicated unit, I guess it is a one bedroom & Studio.

wendy*darling
03-21-2009, 12:50 PM
The 2 bedroom will have its own washer/dryer just off the kitchen.
It's free to use- just bring your own detergent and dryer sheets.
A one load sample pack will be provided.

Jeri Lynn
03-21-2009, 02:44 PM
:mickey: Thanks for the replies! :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
03-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Yes, every DVC resort has a free laundry room for DVC members. At BCV, it's on the 4th floor near the elevator.

Thanks for that info. We missed that our last stay. It's good to know for the next time!

WDWFanatic
04-10-2009, 11:16 AM
We are renting a studio (from Disney) at the BCV can we use the free washer and dryer also? I planned on doing some laundry while we are there but if I can do it for free that would be great.

How many machines are there? I know when we've stayed at the Pop the laundry can get crazy.

Thanks!

DizneyRox
04-10-2009, 12:27 PM
If I recall correctly, at the Boardwalk there were two washers and three dryers. I haven't seen the other locations.

I'm not sure if you would be considered DVC if buying the room for cash from Disney.

WDWFanatic
04-13-2009, 01:10 PM
If I recall correctly, at the Boardwalk there were two washers and three dryers. I haven't seen the other locations.

I'm not sure if you would be considered DVC if buying the room for cash from Disney.

Does that mean we cannot use the washer and dryers?

Maybe I'll just wish for an upgrade to a 1 bedroom, that has a washer and dryer right? Hee hee seems like a good reason to hope for an upgrade.